Will they fire Mancini?

I don't get the negativity of the team and Mancini. This has been the best season we have had for years and years. We've broke loads of record, played some brilliant football, had some brilliant results (which were unexpected) and we've not been beaten by a team by more than 2 goals, excluding Bayern Munich away. We have simply had a cracking season and to sack a manager that's done so well for us is completely madness. I cannot even believe there's a thread about sacking Mancini, it's totally absurd.

With this kind of money, we were always going to breed these kinds of fans. The real fans don't talk on a forum, they go to the games and sing Mancini's name week in week out. We have had the best season we have had for over 40 years and there's still a lot of negavity towards the manager, the players and the backroom staff. We need to remember where we came from. If we don't win it this season, we will win it next season.

citizens_1976 said:
I don't get the negativity of the team and Mancini. This has been the best season we have had for years and years. We've broke loads of record, played some brilliant football, had some brilliant results (which were unexpected) and we've not been beaten by a team by more than 2 goals, excluding Bayern Munich away. We have simply had a cracking season and to sack a manager that's done so well for us is completely madness. I cannot even believe there's a thread about sacking Mancini, it's totally absurd.

The silverware proves it.....

FantasyIreland said:
citizens_1976 said:

The silverware proves it.....

It took Fergie 5 or 6 years to do it for the scum. Did that prove it?

We might still win the league yet, jesus christ.

There's no stability and consistency keep sacking managers, which is what Chelsea keep doing. Look where they are!
If we win the next 10 games, we are the champions- simple as!

citizens_1976 said:
[It took Fergie 5 or 6 years to do it for the scum. Did that prove it?

What they did/do is irrelevant,circumstances/resources were/are completely different.

The Carling Cup had our name all over it and was simply cast aside,the Fa Cup and Champs league were also taken far too lightly.....

We will not win our next ten games,we are relying on them to do worse.

We will win stuff under Mancini. It's inevitable. We attract the best players so any manager worth his salt should win trophies with City. You'd have to be absolutely hopeless not to.

The question is not if he will win trophies, but how many and which ones.

With Mourinho at the helm you would say the League this year would already be wrapped up. Next year the CL would be within our sites.

As it is we may win the league this year. Champions League next year? Well as we have all seen Mancini is not very comfortable in European competition. So I'd have to say CL next year, a resounding no.

So all those who want Mancini to stay, and I was one until recently, the question is how many trophies do you want to win in the next three years?

FantasyIreland said:
citizens_1976 said:
[It took Fergie 5 or 6 years to do it for the scum. Did that prove it?

What they did/do is irrelevant,circumstances/resources were/are completely different.

The Carling Cup had our name all over it and was simply cast aside,the Fa Cup and Champs league were also taken far too lightly.....

We will not win our next ten games,we are relying on them to do worse.

^^This. We have given up too many trophy's this year, yes given up. I hope we don't give up on the last one. If we do we really need to understand why? The next ten games are crucial, if we fold I can't see a way back.

Rammy Blue said:
Mancio said:
Rammy Blue said:
Pretty sure I posted about it earlier in the thread, but the one aspect that still troubles me is the "it was my fault / poor preparation" line being spun out again by Bob.

Not sure what everyone else's opinion is on the matter but for me I thought it was poor form from Bob - I'm sure people will point to the "protecting the players" line however imo it's about time the players stood up to the task and pulled their fingers out anyway.

Can't see the board being overly impressed with the manager of their business spinning out the same excuse twice in a matter of weeks.

i believe you have a point here.

maybe mancini should go in front of the press and say :

we have a shit of a goalkeeper who have cost us both CL and EL.
we have a shit of a right back who cannot cross a ball to save is life
we have just a decent centre back , one.
we have too many english players in our team , and everybody in the whole world know how shit players english are , their International team have shown it for ages.
we have a wonderful player in david silva that in the last two months seem to have become a ghost of steve ireland

and go on on this way

maybe this way of talk to the press could reinforce the team. or at least maybe it would be more understandable for you , it seem.

Stop talking shite.

So you think it's acceptable that Bob says he prepared the team incorrectly?

edit.....what's wrong with Bob coming out and saying, "the first half performance was unacceptable, the players weren't doing what they were told."?

I think bob is to clever not to come out and say "the players weren't doing what they were told" to the media........why? perhaps the rubbish report by Daily Star?.. maybe.

it's why he blame him self, it may not look/sounds good to you/me and many City fans but the media get fuck all out of it, and surly the players are well aware that "incorrect preparations" not the case and are at fault for under performing and didn't play as they were told.

What is all this talk?! we are talking as if we have had one of the worst campaigns ever, maybe we should have won more trophies, but that happens you lose some games you shoudn't, we will have years of success in the future and i see Mancini at the helm when we do it, besides if Mourinho came, then Balotelli and maybe a few others would just follow Mancini anyway

CityCTID said:
Rammy Blue said:
Mancio said:
i believe you have a point here.

maybe mancini should go in front of the press and say :

we have a shit of a goalkeeper who have cost us both CL and EL.
we have a shit of a right back who cannot cross a ball to save is life
we have just a decent centre back , one.
we have too many english players in our team , and everybody in the whole world know how shit players english are , their International team have shown it for ages.
we have a wonderful player in david silva that in the last two months seem to have become a ghost of steve ireland

and go on on this way

maybe this way of talk to the press could reinforce the team. or at least maybe it would be more understandable for you , it seem.

Stop talking shite.

So you think it's acceptable that Bob says he prepared the team incorrectly?

edit.....what's wrong with Bob coming out and saying, "the first half performance was unacceptable, the players weren't doing what they were told."?

I think bob is to clever not to come out and say "the players weren't doing what they were told" to the media........why? perhaps the rubbish report by Daily Star?.. maybe.

it's why he blame him self, it may not look/sounds good to you/me and many City fans but the media get fuck all out of it, and surly the players are well aware that "incorrect preparations" not the case and are at fault for under performing and didn't play as they were told.

You're missing the point - it's ok to spin that line ONCE but not TWICE within a matter of weeks.

citizens_1976 said:
I don't get the negativity of the team and Mancini. This has been the best season we have had for years and years. We've broke loads of record, played some brilliant football, had some brilliant results (which were unexpected) and we've not been beaten by a team by more than 2 goals, excluding Bayern Munich away.

I agree but when you look at it from an owner's POV we could end up, after all that entertainment, with a less successful campaign than last season. Last season we only missed 2nd on goal difference and won the FA Cup. IF we don't win the league, we'll have no cup and finish 2nd. I 100% want Mancini to stay but you can see why there is an argument as to why he might be sacked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.