Will they fire Mancini?

Ell-ano said:
What is all this talk?! we are talking as if we have had one of the worst campaigns ever, maybe we should have won more trophies, but that happens you lose some games you shoudn't, we will have years of success in the future and i see Mancini at the helm when we do it, besides if Mourinho came, then Balotelli and maybe a few others would just follow Mancini anyway
Completely agree. Great post.

We haven't completely give up at all, we were beaten by a team that played better than us over the 2 legs. You have to give credit to where it is due sometimes. We had the hardest CL group and just didn't make it, we got knocked out in the semi final of the Carling Cup because of a bad penalty decision I believe, we were knocked out of the FA Cup in which Kompany was sent off wrongly and now we are 2nd in the PL in which United have done the unexpected and beat all of the teams you might have thought they wouldn't. We have had a great season, but sometimes there is a fine line between success and failure and we might just end up on the fine line of failure.
We will come back next season with a team that's more used to each other, players performing better (Aguero, Nasri etc) and a team with a few more stars in. It's looking great for the future.

If we had played like this in last years table, we'd be running away with it. United have had their best season for years and you really have to respect that. United are definitely favourites but you can't rule us out, we are capable of winning all 10 games with the players we have, we just don't have that mental attitude I believe to win a title- but it will come.

Mancini, at the very least deserves one more season. He's a winner and the players just aren't playing for him at the moment. He cannot make these players perform on a pitch and sometimes the players are to blame.

Rammy Blue said:
CityCTID said:
Rammy Blue said:
Stop talking shite.

So you think it's acceptable that Bob says he prepared the team incorrectly?

edit.....what's wrong with Bob coming out and saying, "the first half performance was unacceptable, the players weren't doing what they were told."?

I think bob is to clever not to come out and say "the players weren't doing what they were told" to the media........why? perhaps the rubbish report by Daily Star?.. maybe.

it's why he blame him self, it may not look/sounds good to you/me and many City fans but the media get fuck all out of it, and surly the players are well aware that "incorrect preparations" not the case and are at fault for under performing and didn't play as they were told.

You're missing the point - it's ok to spin that line ONCE but not TWICE within a matter of weeks.
I do understand , if you read the article perhaps you will get my point too
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/233246/Roberto-Mancini-faces-Manchester-City-mutiny/Roberto-Mancini-faces-Manchester-City-mutinyRoberto-Mancini-faces-Manchester-City-mutinyRoberto-Mancini-faces-Manchester-City-mutinyRoberto-Mancini-faces-Manchester-City-mutiny" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... ity-mutiny</a>

CityCTID said:
I do understand , if you read the article perhaps you will get my point too
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/233246/Roberto-Mancini-faces-Manchester-City-mutiny/Roberto-Mancini-faces-Manchester-City-mutinyRoberto-Mancini-faces-Manchester-City-mutinyRoberto-Mancini-faces-Manchester-City-mutinyRoberto-Mancini-faces-Manchester-City-mutiny" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... ity-mutiny</a>

Everyone knows that article was horseshit, don't tell me you think Bob takes any notice of crap like that when giving interviews?

Ell-ano said:
What is all this talk?! we are talking as if we have had one of the worst campaigns ever, maybe we should have won more trophies, but that happens you lose some games you shoudn't, we will have years of success in the future and i see Mancini at the helm when we do it, besides if Mourinho came, then Balotelli and maybe a few others would just follow Mancini anyway
Tintwistle Rules. You win a lot you lose a few - recipe for success!

rickmcfc said:
If we sacked Mancini i would be fucking livid. Success isn't winning a trophy or two every season, its winning them over a sustained period of time.
Er, am i missing something here? Call me captain obvious, but I would have thought that winning a trophy or two every season would result in winning them over a sustained period of time.

Let me give you an alternative definition of success. A team who get results consistently above expectations. This season it's man utd, Swansea , Norwich , Newcastle, even Liverpool . Teams whose managers have moulded them into a unit which is greater than the sum of it's parts.

At the end of the season adug need to decide if that's what Mancini has done with our squad, and whether they believe he can do that in future. If the answer is no, he's on the chuck bus. If it's yes he gets a new deal.

rickmcfc said:
If we sacked Mancini i would be fucking livid. Success isn't winning a trophy or two every season, its winning them over a sustained period of time.

Agreed. Progression is the key. And we have certainly done that this season. Do it again next season and the title is ours then even if the rags do win it this season.

Didsbury Dave said:
rickmcfc said:
Er, am i missing something here? Call me captain obvious, but I would have thought that winning a trophy or two every season would result in winning them over a sustained period of time.

Let me give you an alternative definition of success. A team who get results consistently above expectations. This season it's man utd, Swansea , Norwich , Newcastle, even Liverpool . Teams whose managers have moulded them into a unit which is greater than the sum of it's parts.

At the end of the season adug need to decide if that's what Mancini has done with our squad, and whether they believe he can do that in future. If the answer is no, he's on the chuck bus. If it's yes he gets a new deal.

Liverpool?

A carling cup on penalties and beating Manure who have been woeful in Cup competitions this season and they are getting results consistently above expectations.

All there players and management agree that there season to date has been well below expectations.

Some were even saying the will challenge for title this season.

For me they have the massive under achievers of the season the to date and have been underachievers since the late eighties.

Didsbury Dave said:
Let me give you an alternative definition of success. A team who get results consistently above expectations. This season it's man utd, Swansea , Norwich , Newcastle, even Liverpool.
What the fuck?

edgecroft said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Let me give you an alternative definition of success. A team who get results consistently above expectations. This season it's man utd, Swansea , Norwich , Newcastle, even Liverpool.
What the fuck?

quite a good sense of humour he's got there tbf

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.