With guardialo joining Munich,Now Mancini should be backed

Didsbury Dave said:
This is getting pretty funny. If you think the non-availability of guardiola changes the expectations of Mancini this season you're deluded. He failed in Europe yet again. He has to succeed in the league again. Nothing's changed in the slightest.

Except for one crucial thing: Mourinho is now the red hot favourite to take over from him should he be sacked.

*adopts evil grin* He might even have already agreed to take over, hence pep's decision...

Regardless, today's news suits me right down to the ground. We win the title or Jose takes over. A perfect win-win ;-)

What happens if we fail to win the league and Mourinho ends up at either PSG, Chelsea or United?

Ric said:
Didsbury Dave said:
This is getting pretty funny. If you think the non-availability of guardiola changes the expectations of Mancini this season you're deluded. He failed in Europe yet again. He has to succeed in the league again. Nothing's changed in the slightest.

Except for one crucial thing: Mourinho is now the red hot favourite to take over from him should he be sacked.

*adopts evil grin* He might even have already agreed to take over, hence pep's decision...

Regardless, today's news suits me right down to the ground. We win the title or Jose takes over. A perfect win-win ;-)

What happens if we fail to win the league and Mourinho ends up at either PSG, Chelsea or United?
Get the next best available manager. Simple ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:

Bullshit. For one good reason. If the board wanted Mancini out, Pep would be taking over. The fact he is at Bayern already suggests the board are not going to sack RM and therefore did not offer Pep the job. They must take the view that 2nd in the PL is not a sackable offence.

Your boy will either have to wait for Ferguson to die/retire or go back to the Bridge.

Didsbury Dave said:

So for the second time at City? In two very hard groups? Hardly a sackable offence

oh wait.... it's you.

Would our executives even want Mourinho if Bobby was sacked?

He got that Madrid executive sacked in a power play after his first good season, if I recall. Remember how he ran around London looking for housing? Imagine hiring him and then he starts hanging around the swamp when he doesn't get his way.

I think Mancini should be backed wether Pep joined Bayern (or any other team) as he is City manager and guided us to FA Cup and PL wins

Josh Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

So for the second time at City? In two very hard groups? Hardly a sackable offence

oh wait.... it's you.
Not only that but the first season was our first ever season in it, there was no expectation of anything from me.

Then this season we were in a group with two comfortably better teams than us. Over the four games I saw of City v Dortmund home and away, and City v Madrid home and away, plus, the two games I watched back of Dortmund v Madrid home and away...Dortmund were better than Madrid in every aspect and everyone knows how good Madrid are. So I can clearly see why we didn't qualify.

So lets look to next year...

jimharri said:
Down to Bob now. If he manages to win the league again this season, he's unsackable in my opinion. Then again; my opinion, or anyone else's on here for that matter, is completely irrelevant to the issue. It'll be down to HRH and the board. What I will say is that if we ''only'' win the FA Cup (yes; a couple of seasons ago we'd have put our grannies on the game for a cup of some sort), then I think he may well be on thin ice. The owners will be looking for year on year progress, and winning the cup the season after winning the title would not seem to be progress. That, coupled with our poor performances in Europe (tough group notwithstanding), won't do Bob any favours.

So let's win the bloody league again!

As long as we're in the top two come the end of the season he's nailed on to stay imo, FA Cup or no FA Cup. The owners will take a more pragmatic view than you think. Right now, I believe we're a point up on last season's equivalent fixtures. Still lot's of tough games to go but we look like we're coming into some real form now. The win at Arsenal was another feather in his cap, picked the right team and tactics and they couldn't live with it hence the early red. When you think of the pressure on that game, not having won there for so long and potentially facing a 10pt gap, he deserves huge credit. Mancini has virtually killed off "typical City" now.

Next season is when he has to show us he can do much better in Europe, and I trust 100% that he will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.