With guardialo joining Munich,Now Mancini should be backed

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Do people think Mancini will be here if we win nothing this year. Long way to go so im not saying we wont win anything but it would be ignorant to think that his head wont be on the chopping board if he wins nothing
Why ignorant?

Do you really think that from this day forth we will change manager in any year where we don't win a pot?

I would say that was pathetic from our club if so and that is the reasoning.

BillyShears said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Do people think Mancini will be here if we win nothing this year. Long way to go so im not saying we wont win anything but it would be ignorant to think that his head wont be on the chopping board if he wins nothing

I think he will be ... my guess is if the club didn't move for Guardiola, then they won't move for anyone else this summer.

For once Billy I agree with you!

BoyBlue_1985 said:

I feel the same. Our owners aren't alike a Russian billionaire.

Akira said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

I feel the same. Our owners aren't alike a Russian billionaire.

I think you actually feel very differently...?

Didsbury Dave said:
stonerblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
If you are changing managers you do it because you don't believe the existing man can fulfil the club's future objectives. And you replace him with the best available. So I can't answer the question until I know who's available and who would take the job.

I'm not being obtuse, that's just how it is. What I know is that our job has a serious pull and we'd never be short of candidates. Personally, I believe mourinho would love our job.

Funny that as i thought changing a manager was down to their side being shit in previous games.

Maybe if you are Barry Fry firing John Beck that's the case. But with a top club the decision is taken on whether the manager is deemed to be the correct man for the future. Results are obviously part of that but if you are Txiki Begeristain I would hope that you don't sit down a manager and say "we are dismissing you because you were shit in previous games".

The sack isn't a punishment, it's a strategic decision by a club.

Yet you say if Bobby doesn't win the league this season he may be gone. Surely that is getting rid due to past results ?

BillyShears said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

I think he will be ... my guess is if the club didn't move for Guardiola, then they won't move for anyone else this summer.

You may well be right. While there was frenzied speculation on here, there's a real possibility the owners actually were in for the longer run when they offered RM that 5-year contract. That's not to say they wouldn't keep things under review if progress were seriously de-railed. One disappointing season need not be fatal.<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:14 pm --<br /><br />
gordondaviesmoustache said:
[
Not sure Phil Neal or Frank Clark will be on ADUG's radar if they sack Mancini tbh.
Admit it, GDM. You are in the know.

andy1971 said:
Manchini has made some significant errors of judgement tactically and in terms of players. Must win the league and then get to at least champs league semis or should go. Some real misplaced loyalty towards him

THIS

SWP's back said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Why ignorant?

Do you really think that from this day forth we will change manager in any year where we don't win a pot?

I would say that was pathetic from our club if so and that is the reasoning.

There will be seasons that we win nothing in the future, for sure - don't think we'll change manager each time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.