Schalke
MC
Austria Wien

The worst possible group for City:

Real Madrid
Juventus
MC
Napoli

Good job that worst possible one is impossible then!

Pigeonho said:
ell said:
Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
The best possible group for City:

Benfica
Schalke
MC
Austria Wien

The worst possible group for City:

Real Madrid
Juventus
MC
Napoli

Beat me to it!

Don't you believe it! Mr. Twatini will change the rules and allow two clubs (or even three) from the same country in City's group! He'll then blame it on something spurious like 'TV pairings'.

Seriously, though, that best possible group would be great. Benfica is easy for me to get to (by road); it would be fantastic to go back to Gelsenkirchen again, and Schalke are not that good this season; Austria Wien looked pretty ordinary - well, crap to be honest - the other night, and it would be marvellous to return to the city where we won our only European competition in 1970. My anorak is still wet!

raininspain said:
Pigeonho said:
ell said:
Beat me to it!

Don't you believe it! Mr. Twatini will change the rules and allow two clubs (or even three) from the same country in City's group! He'll then blame it on something spurious like 'TV pairings'.

Seriously, though, that best possible group would be great. Benfica is easy for me to get to (by road); it would be fantastic to go back to Gelsenkirchen again, and Schalke are not that good this season; Austria Wien looked pretty ordinary - well, crap to be honest - the other night, and it would be marvellous to return to the city where we won our only European competition in 1970. My anorak is still wet!
The rumour on Twitter is that due to the ongoing and fierce anti-City agenda, Madrid and Barca are not only allowed in our group, but they are allowed to have both teams out against our mere 11 players during the match.

Pigeonho said:
raininspain said:
Pigeonho said:
Beat me to it!

The rumour on Twitter is that due to the ongoing and fierce anti-City agenda, Madrid and Barca are not only allowed in our group, but they are allowed to have both teams out against our mere 11 players during the match.

Agenda? You just wait till Pige gets a hold of this....

Eh..

Got to be one of the most exciting moments in the football calendar. I remember hearing the Champions League draw as a youngster and looking at those big names, the elite amongst football and watching with adoration the star players excelling in the competition. The real Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Zidane etc and to be one of the names in the draw and to have been able to play Bayern, Real, Ajax, Dortmund over the past couple of years has been fantastic. Would be brilliant to get into the knock outs and have a massive night of European football with the place rocking. Hamburg was an amazing night. I think it is going to be an easier one this time. It is time the rags or Arsenal got a tough draw (so they clearly wont this time!!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.