with the CL draw almost upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoned Rose said:
Pigeonho said:
raininspain said:
Five or six years ago we would have been waiting anxiously last night to see who we were drawn against in the League Cup, although we would already have had to play in the Second Round (like the dippers this year, poor souls!). Now we are looking foward to our third consecutive season in the Champions League and there are many clubs out there in Europe praying that they don't get us or Dortmund out of Pot 3.

Happy Days! It's good to be a blue.

As Big Mal (RIP) once famously said: "We're going to terrorise Europe!". Third time lucky, lads?
Despite last Sundays display, I happen to think you're right. We'll go out in the quarters I think, but to a crack outfit, maybe the eventual winners.

Let's see who we get first eh Pige mate?
It doesn't matter. If we were going into it with a shit squad after a freakish finish in the league then yes, fair enough. We're not though, we are effectively a pot 1 side, so no matter who we get we should be qualifying. The knockouts then fair enough, but that's just luck of the draw.

I'm not that interested in European football.

As City are in Europe I want them to do well, but if the European competitions were scrapped tomorrow I wouldn't mind.

There's nothing to interest me in European competition these days. When club teams were nearly always composed of people from the club's home country they were a good way to see star players from abroad. But we see that every week now in the premier league.

It is the most corrupt draw in sport Imo. Dortmund who reached the final last year are in pot 3 yet arsenal who haven't won anything for 7 years and had to qualify for the competition are in pot one... Joke!

urmston said:

As City are in Europe I want them to do well, but if the European competitions were scrapped tomorrow I wouldn't mind.

There's nothing to interest me in European competition these days. When club teams were nearly always composed of people from the club's home country they were a good way to see star players from abroad. But we see that every week now in the premier league.

I would still rather win the league than the Champions League, but I wouldn't say no to it. I think if you win your league and the Champions League it is much more celebrated. Chelsea winning the Champions League was a bit shallow because everyone in Europe knew they didn't deserve to based on their quality. They finished so low in the domestic league and because of the way the Prem finished and how we won it, beyond Chelsea it wasn't that much of a big deal. Watching Bayern demolish Barca and then win was a bit different, they were an excellent side that deserved to be European Cup winners. If the rags won the league and we won the Champions league I'm not sure how I would feel!

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
As long as we don't get drawn against any teams from South America, I'll be happy (we don't need any long-distance trips in the middle of the season).
There has been talk of Boca Juniors and Fluminense being invited, on condition that they end up in City's group. ;-)

Just imagine though, trips to La Bombonera and the Maracana to watch City!

urmston said:

I do see you point,however the main reason why our owner invested his riches into our club was for us to gain worldwide exposure for Abu Dhabai and only in this competition can that be achieved.

urmston said:

I agree with this. If it wasn't for the money involved being so important, I wouldn't be that bothered about City doing well in Europe. I see the Premier League, and the 2 domestic cups as more important, to me personally. Doing well in Europe is nothing but a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.