Wolfsburg V City 4th Aug

i've got that terry phelan said:
How longs the train from bremen? Minutes rather than metres!

2h15/20
Niedersachsenticket for 21€ (+4 for each person up to 4) and you could travel all local trains in Lower sayxony on the day....

Oh, and Mandzukic plays nevermore in Wolfsburg, he´s in Munich nowadays.

toddluvzgta said:
Mandzukic and Hasebe

nice!
Mandzukic has been sold to Bayern

From my away days in Wolfsburg (with Schalke) i have to agree. that it is pretty boring in "car city". Except you have a huge interest in cars (Volkswagen and Porsche) and visit that big theme park named "Autostadt"

Wolfsburg fans are mostly VW workers (the whole city was built for them in the 1930s). They drive from their homes to the matches and back, so i always had a feeling of missing the typical pre-match atmosphere in this town.

The Volkswagen Arena is nothing special. At least you have a good sight on the pitch in the away end.

Staying in Hannover (their local rivals) could be an alternative as Berlin is (2h30 to drive by car)

Bremen to Wolfsburg by train is about 2h30

Ruhr said:
toddluvzgta said:
Mandzukic and Hasebe

nice!
Mandzukic has been sold to Bayern

From my away days in Wolfsburg (with Schalke) i have to agree. that it is pretty boring in "car city". Except you have a huge interest in cars (Volkswagen and Porsche) and visit that big theme park named "Autostadt"

Wolfsburg fans are mostly VW workers (the whole city was built for them in the 1930s). They drive from their homes to the matches and back, so i always had a feeling of missing the typical pre-match atmosphere in this town.

The Volkswagen Arena is nothing special. At least you have a good sight on the pitch in the away end.

Staying in Hannover (their local rivals) could be an alternative as Berlin is (2.30 hours to drive by car)

Bremen to Wolfsburg by train is about 2.30 hours

Hanover seems the most logical place to stay.

Impeccable said:
Anyone who is going... just check about public transport. I'm sure you do get people buying train tickets without realising that you can use your match ticket.

I can assure you - we didn't pay on public transport - we produced our match ticket to the ticket inspector.

But that is nothing generally - especially at friendly matches. There is clubs that have that agreement with the public transport system and the price is calculated into the ticket - if you use the possibility or not - and their is clubs that do not. It has a lot to do with the transport situation in the town and the kind of fans a club has.

Bayern Munich e.g. does not have it just because there is a lot travelling each week with private busses from all over Germany - and the rest is visitors mainly from the city who usually have a season ticket for the public transport system anyways.

The usual Wolfsburg tickets for the Bundesliga allow you to use busses in Wolfsburg (not all of the public transport system) 3 hours prior and after the match - season ticket holders can use bus and train 4 hours prior. But this is a friendly match. You will only know when you look onto the back of your ticket...

Did you know that Manchester United is in Hannover a week later...

What's the cheapest option for this game Manc to Bremen then I'm thinking of flyin back from Amsterdam any 1 else doing this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.