Wolves (A) Post Match Thread

All the people shitting on Gundo can suck a fat one. He was one of the better players on the pitch today. Silva and Bernardo average. Dinho and Walker piss poor. Kompany, Sane and Mendy diabolical. There's a very legit chance that this is because of world cup fatigue since Pep mentioned something about lack of proper recovery in the pre-match conference, so I'm not going to go over the top with the criticism here. Just hope that we don't repeat the same mistakes again next week. And for the last time, give Gundo a break.

I agree with this assessment. The fatigue is an issue.Players that arent starting at the moment are going to be critical over the next 2 months. Delph, Sane, Mahrez, Ottamendi , Jesus. Stones This is what will seperate us from the competition.

Its important we get these guys up and running as quickly as possible.

On another day it would of been 4-1 or 5-2, and don't forget, last season we won the first drew the next then won the following 18 games. Not saying we'll repeat that but I can see us being top nearly all season and win the league.

As for your post and the getting over it part, you have to get over the fact that the commentator will say we dropped 2 points, that is all, not have to get over the fact we drew as that had nothing to do with the conversation or your original question of "why do they say we have dropped 2 points when..." or words close to that.

All I was saying was it is a football saying, as plain and as simple as that :)

I also didn't say I expected us to beat Wolves but the pundits will have expected us to beat Wolves and that is why they will say it is two points dropped, it is just a simple sentence and I couldn't understand why you got so het up about it, hence my comment "get over it ffs"

Never mind eh :)
Common sense here - papers say "City dropped 2 points" because that's what they did. A draw was no big surprise and City can't expect a 6-1 against Huddersfield reserves to be a guide to the season, a better one might be L'pool's new goalkeeper saving them two points like he did today.

Got what we deserved. Tempo was shite and worrying signs the KDB injury has left us half the team.

Gundogan is average and every game we have dropped points in, there is a recurring theme, he's in the midfield.

Nowhere near good enough today.

As for Mendy, horrible defender IMO. Stands square on and gets done every time.
And kompany. He was shocking but gets away our stick

Lol.Youre literally blinded by your bias.It wasn't a foul,there was no contact except for the momentum afterwards.I have watched it about 50 times.

If I'm wrong I genuinely can't see it.
If you misjudge a tackle and momentum takes you into a player it's a foul. You're definitely on the wum, that's why you haven't quoted anyone with this post.

I know Pep is the best manager on the planet, but he is a human & I think he made a mistake.

Last season the club had 18 wins in a row with front 3 of Sane - Sergio - Sterling, why change it !

And who should replace KDB ? Gundogan or Bernardo !
Bernardo had an amazing performances every time he played as CM, why push him to RW when we already have Sterling & Mahrez who can do this job better ?

Just finished watching it. Simultaneously unlucky and also way below par.

Goal should have been disallowed for two reasons.
Silva immediately after, definitely pen.
Woodwork 3 times.
Whole host of last ditch challenges and saves.

Sane was on course for one of the worst cameo appearances of all time until that one mazy dribble at the end.
Kompany couldn't control or pass the ball.
Costa, then Traore had Mendy on toast.

Thought it was a day where we saw exactly what we are missing without KDB.

Cant believe some reactions on here, talk about throwing toys out of prams, jesus christ.
No we werent at put fluid best today, our passing wasnt as crisp and penatrative as usual, even sloppy at times all over the pitch but hardly a terrible peformance per se. Its 3 games into a season and weve the same points at the same stage last season and we all know what happened next. Wolves are a good team with technically gifted players coached well by a very good coach and earnt their luck in the end.
Lets not forget, last season in our record breaking season we had some far worse perforances than today; southampton home springs to mind albeit we got out of jail with sterlings wonder stike at the end, huddersfield home and away and palace away wernt great either. Happens in a season, some games even the best teams are below par. In saying that we could - and maybe should - have still won today. There is no perfect team playing perfect football every week but most weeks we are pretty close. And for those who havent seen it, Liverpool were very poor today at home against Brighton and could have dropped 2 points in the end. Weve nothing to worry about really.
The making of champions so were told by that great footballing genius Gary Neville is getting three points when not at your best

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.