Wolves (A) Post Match Thread

yes but those players work to defend...sterling is excellent defensively and Bernardo tackles back well (as do Silva and KDB when playing) - Sane - well this is something I've said recently about his attitude and Pep has also said it about him not working off the ball/out of possession. Gundogna is just poor defensively -this is down to his ability or lack of it

Gundogan makes more tackles and interceptions than Sterling and Bernardo; he also has the best pass completion of any of our midfielders and Pep does love players who don't give the ball away.

Makes me wonder what Delph has to do to start a game. Hardly put a foot wrong last season at LB. He will always give his best and could play in both Gundogan's and Fernandinho's position I think, if given a chance to.

I think Delph is primarily viewed as one of the two left backs in the squad now but then as cover for Dinho. I think he will get plenty of game time as the season progresses.

Gundogan makes more tackles and interceptions than Sterling and Bernardo; he also has the best pass completion of any of our midfielders and Pep does love players who don't give the ball away.
Nasri consistently had the best pass completion of any of our midfielders when he was at the club too. That's all well and good when you play in deeper positions but when you are playing in the more advanced role those passes also have to matter. Unfortunately there are too many games when Gundogan has filled in for De Bruyne or Silva in one of the advanced positions and I'll go back and look at the stats and Gundogan will have the best pass completion or the most passes of any of our midfielders but I won't remember him creating anything. I honestly prefer when he fills in for Fernandinho in the deeper role. I dont like him in the more advanced position, no one is questioning that he is a tidy player that knows how to keep possession, what we don't see is the requisite incisiveness and creativity. Nasri had the same problem in my eyes although Nasri also didn't work hard enough whereas Gundogan does put in a shift.

Last edited:
Don't think any of the City fans noticed it to be fair.
And I didn't see the players jumping up in protest. I was watching TV so I didn't see if everyhing, but Kompany was in perfect position to see the handball and didn't seem to protest, and you didn't hear the typical roar of protest go up from the fans that you'd expect as you said. There was a lot more words exchanged over Silva's penalty.

I think the way we played most weekends last year worked so i dont see tge reason to change it
Fair enough. My thinking is that Pep has so many potential first choice players now that some rotation will be needed to keep them all fresh and motivated. He’s got Mahrez and Mendy in contention, over and above last season. Furthermore, he is still feeling his way on how best to cover for KDB and how best to back up Fernandinho. In those circumstances I feel a little bit of experimentation is necessary.

We were unlucky.

So far ahead of the other teams it's almost embarrassing.

I think we can cope with some poor officiating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.