Wolves (A) | Post Match Thread

VERY problematic win today. We played awful in the whole match and uncharacteristically, not as a City-Pep like team at all. And it's the 2nd consecutive game this happens.
I hope it will be fixed, Pep has surely observed this and I guess that's why he wasn't happy at all despite the 0-3.
Thankfully there is the international break now so we will be better after that.

I've not seen it mentioned in the media but I was on row C and I heard it in the concourse. Embarrassing tbh.
If it turns out to be true, that's very disappointing. I'm not naive enough to think all our fans are little cherubs (I saw enough of them at the Wigan final) but how difficult is it to shut the fuck up for 60 seconds, irrespective of your feelings on the monarchy? They managed it in midweek.

Only got to see bits and pieces of the match today.

Happy for Jack. Never doubted the lad. He is a good character and a good player. Hopefully he can kick on now. Another excellent buy imo.

Akanji looks a bargain. Delighted with his signing. The injury hit defence doesn’t worry me as much now we have this lad playing.

We still are not firing on all cylinders. Far too open, entertaining but still would prefer us to be a bit more compact. Teams are getting through quite easily at times. Passing is still off.

The only thing I can think of is that we are suffering some sort of hang over from the past few seasons but with the big fella up front scoring we are able to win games while not at our best.

Haaland is some player. Still not used to a forward scoring, especially not every game:-)

Why did Philips not get a game?

Come on City!
I think Phillips will be vital in the big games. As you say we can't afford to be open against the best sides. I think we will see Phillips and Rodri together for some matches.

Although he got two assists I thought DeBruyne was far from his best today.

Good performances from Grealish, Foden and the defence today. Overall we didn’t seem to get into top gear but we didn’t need to. Can’t complain about 3-0.
2 assists on a bad day just shows how great he is. Akanji is looking like a steal at 15 million. Well super Jack CTID

We are not at our ultimate best, but still putting decent sides away, Wolves are far better than their current position, they're just lacking a cutting edge

We on the other hand are going to give someone at some point a severe beating once the players click into top gear, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone cop a real heavy defeat and I don't mean 6-0 by that I'm thinking double figures
We did this last season
The games won and we try to control the game at a leisurely pace and pick them off with late goals.
Wolves look half decent and were certainly better than spurs a few weeks back
But lacked the finish

I do think we could give a good hiding to a team but I think we will go into save energy mode

Christ it’s like the match day thread in ere, 3 goals, clean sheet, another Haaland goal, another 2 assists for KDB, goal for Phil to get him back on track after a few patchy performances, Jack scores to stick two fingers up to the media (who’ve been looking for any negative on City) another solid game for Akanji, Walker not risked, plenty of subs by Pep, no injuries picked up, played in second gear and we are Top of the league & undefeated going into the break, I think that just about covers it!
We've not played in the red and black strip yet, though. So all that positivity above means nothing to me!! :(

Great result at a very tough ground. Thank god we scored early and they had one of their players sent off.
Despite the result we didn't seem to shift out of first gear and we was very complacent in patches. Hopefully its still early season teething problems because we're going to get punished off better teams. On the other hand our results are good and its going to be frightening for other teams when we starting getting some proper rhythm and getting our new players properly integrated.

Stand out performances for me was :-
Akanji - Slotted in seamlessly and looks great on the ball and is good at passing through the lines
Cancelo - Accomplished performance. Some great footwork and driving down the line and made some important last ditch tackles
Dias - Poor start giving the ball away on a couple of occasions but grew in to the game really well and was solid at back making some crucial interceptions
Rodri - Solid performance despite his early booking due to Dias's brain fart
Grealish - Great determination for the goal and was dogged through out with a few glimpses of neat footwork. Great confidence booster!

I was at the match - for me it was just down to some fans still in the bar area chanting - not knowing that the 1min silence had started

I don't think that it was intentional disrespect
On tv you heard someone shout shut up, and it went quiet. Clearly not any intentional disrespect but people should’ve been aware there’d be a minutes silence.

Christ it’s like the match day thread in ere, 3 goals, clean sheet, another Haaland goal, another 2 assists for KDB, goal for Phil to get him back on track after a few patchy performances, Jack scores to stick two fingers up to the media (who’ve been looking for any negative on City) another solid game for Akanji, Walker not risked, plenty of subs by Pep, no injuries picked up, played in second gear and we are Top of the league & undefeated going into the break, I think that just about covers it!
Well if you look at it like that....cant argue really

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.