Wolves (A) | Post Match Thread

I should have put emphasis on defender, my bad. I'm aware being a CB at Peps entails much more than defending the goal and those other guys have more to contribute in that area. What I mean is Ake is the one I trust most when things aren't working out and we actually have to stop opponents from scoring. For that reason alone I would hate to see him gone.
Exactly this, Ake knows how to defend, reads the game brilliantly and rarely makes an error

Just a Question... This is a strange season with a WC in the middle of it. Many teams/players have so far been a bit below their best in PL do you think that WC is being a distruction for them? I mean you want to be at the best form for WC not 2 months earlier and then being on a down slope when WC comes, Its been playing on my mind when I watch some of our players not reaching a more consistent high level yet but are still struggeling to get there.

Calls for an inquiry as Nathan Collins is red carded for Kung Fu kick while Erling Haaland is reward with goal for Kung Fu kick against Borussia Dortmund !!!!

Just a Question... This is a strange season with a WC in the middle of it. Many teams/players have so far been a bit below their best in PL do you think that WC is being a distruction for them? I mean you want to be at the best form for WC not 2 months earlier and then being on a down slope when WC comes, Its been playing on my mind when I watch some of our players not reaching a more consistent high level yet but are still struggeling to get there.

defo a strange season and players will be looking to go and play in the world cup fully fit and ready in the winter,
but you can not play with that in mind because it will end in you picking up an injury not fully focus on the game,
it will be good to see what the 2nd part of the season holds for players coming back from the world cup
we may see players shot and gone and nothing left in the tanks for the first couple of weeks back

Calls for an inquiry as Nathan Collins is red carded for Kung Fu kick while Erling Haaland is reward with goal for Kung Fu kick against Borussia Dortmund !!!!

Already calls of cheating with one rule for city and another for the rest

1663489093191.png

defo a strange season and players will be looking to go and play in the world cup fully fit and ready in the winter,
but you can not play with that in mind because it will end in you picking up an injury not fully focus on the game,
it will be good to see what the 2nd part of the season holds for players coming back from the world cup
we may see players shot and gone and nothing left in the tanks for the first couple of weeks back
Yes ofc you cant play like that and risking an injury but I still think it has hold some players performances back both with us and especially other teams performances. Totally agree about the second part of the season. Will be interesting to see how it pans out

I’ve just watched MOTD (I know I really need to get a life!) and I hadn’t really taken in when watching it live that Pep made 5 substitutions. That doesn’t happen often does it? Do you think he was getting frustrated?
There weren’t, IMHO, any of our lads playing badly just not up to 100 %, understandable after midweek game.
However Pep’s body language at the whistle suggested he was going to give them a good telling off!!
Come on Pep, those lads never give in, they fight to the end. Send them off to the International break with a bit of a boost. We are (for the moment) Top of the League. JMHO
:-)
EB I just think Pep's playing the 5 sub rule really well. He's rotating and resting during games now instead of wholesale changes before. Having 5 subs really helps teams like us that can go 2 or 3 up then cruise for half an hour. For example, when Phillips is constantly injured, we can take Rodders off and put Stones, Gunda, Ake etc there knowing we're OK with 20/30 mins left. Our only worries are Haaland or Rodri getting injuries, other than that I can't see teams stopping us. Happy days

Maybe, but it gets bloody frustrating for those who back us to score more than three ('other' away win on betfair) ggrrr... the EH miracle continues to look a little less unlikely though, just 29 to go..!!
I had that bet as well

2 up and the sending off - thought it was nailed on!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.