Wolves (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never enjoy it when we play Wolves. Always a tough game and they always cause us plenty of problems.

The positive is that United play a day later away to Palace so we really don't need to worry about the derby. Before we played Liverpool we had the benefit of seeing them lose and (they were title challengers still to most of us) that made the result at Anfield a bonus.

I think we could see a similar story this week. Hopefully get the win in the bag and sit back and watch united struggle at Palace where they'll have to go full strength to try and get a result. Hopefully they lose and we can give them a beating on Sunday for even more of a gap!

In defence it's just a choice between Cancelo and Walker and which of the 3 CBs start. I would expect Cancelo and Laporte will come in for Wolves and Walker, Dias, Stones and Zinchenko against the rags.

Probably a CM of Bernardo, Rodri and KDB against Wolves and then Bernardo Rodri and Gundogan against the rags.

Up front I'd go for Jesus, Sterling and Foden for both games but Mahrez is probably going to get a start in one of them.

With Guardiola though, we'll probably go with a false 9 in one of the games.
Hope so, I am not sure we would have opened up the west spam defence for the second without Riyadh, often the way

2 or 3 nil to city. After the relative lacklustre but excellent win on the the weekend I think we will be back at full throttle for this one.

Pep Guardiola: "We were consistent in the last four years, last season wasn't bad. It's nice, but it's the next game. We're not thinking about when it happens, it's nice another game, another record but we're here to win the titles. The people demand this

"We don't have time [to reflect on records]. Games every three days. Rest, think another. Game day, all managers, when you win you're happy that night, but the day after, the next one. When you lose you're sad but the day after the next one

"Even when we don't play well like West Ham, we are able to take the points. You don't always have exceptional games, so try to be solid and take the points."

: "The best team in Europe in the world are Bayern - they won everything. In England, the champions are Liverpool: they are the best. You have to win. In February, March nobody is Champions. We have to win but we cannot deny the last few months are exceptional

Pep Guardiola: "History against
@Wolves
dictates how tough it will be, we know. We know the type of game to play. We have to be intense, but calm. They play with ambition to punish. We have to be clever. The last years were tough, this will not be an exception

Pep Guardiola on the world record winning run in sight: "It will be an incredible question, a nice answer at the end of the season. I said before, we're delighted with what we've done, we can't deny it. No team has done before which means how difficult it is.

"At the end, what counts is if you lift the trophies or not. We are in a good position in the competitions, we are in contention that is good. Still, we cannot sit down and say how good is everything. A lot of work to do. We can still improve."

Pep Guardiola: "If we are able to do what we want to do, we will make an incredible step. I want to see the team focused on the job we have to do. We have two ways to view what is happening, we will see what we have done and reflect on that..."

Pep Guardiola on teams wanting to beat #ManCity: "We want to beat them too. They want to beat us, but we want to beat them. Tomorrow, you know how important this ten days is, with Wolves, United and Southampton before Fulham, these games at home

Pep Guardiola: "Tough opponents. United, Southampton, Fulham, Leeds doing well, many games. When you have 10, 12, 15 points left, it's different, but 36? Many points. We have to sit all together and put them on the same track, I'm not regretting what the guys have done

"36 points to play. There are a lot of points. In Europe and England, every team can lose in a row in a week and drop points and everything will be the same. As a team we have to play well, run without the ball, take the points to be close to Champions..."

Not a great fan of the Dog Heads tbh and they ran us wragged last season. If that lump Traore plays he will need taking down a peg. Difficult call this one and literally down to Peps' selection I feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.