Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

If arsenal are trailing next week at the death will they get 6 minutes?

PQCa.gif

Feels like this has been coming for weeks for various reasons:

Injuries have buggered us. Not only no KDB, Stones and Bernardo but Grealish was out for weeks so isn’t fit yet (needs a few games to run into form), Kova was also injured and isn’t yet fit.

A transition period of some of the old guard leaving and a batch of new signings means that players just aren’t used to playing together which isn’t helped by Pep mixing things around a fair bit - and injuries throwing new signings into the mix earlier than some are probably ready for.

Rodri out.

Pep making weird calls today - starting Nunes which I didn’t think would go well, not bringing Gvardiol on, putting Bobb into that difficult midfield, putting Jack on at 80 mins which isn’t enough time for a player coming back to fitness to make any meaningful impact.

Some players just a bit out of form but I’m not so worried about that…form is temporary but class is permanent and all that.

There was just no rhythm or control from the outset. I would like Pep to go as much “back to basics” as possible against Arsenal next week. No idea if Stones or Bernardo will be anywhere near ready but if they are we will need them. Front three of Grealish x Haaland x Foden. Keep it tight and controlled. Arsenal would have murdered us the way we played today.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing it makes us all genuine geniuses. After watching that I would have started Phillips ( I know but I did pick him in the compy- partly because I felt if Nunes or Kovacic picked up an injury we would be fucked for the arsenal game.) we lacked collective courage and kept recycling the same balls to Doku etc won some corners and did nowt. No one prepared to take a risk. Ah well onwards and upwards blues by the way CPIAC.

On another day it was a turgid 1-0 win. They got the breaks of the ball on both their goals, basically their only chances.

We were shit though, think we missed Bernardo more than Rodri in this game tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.