Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor was in sky and asked about the players who left it was pity he didn’t mention the wage cap because if they want the woman’s game to improve that has to be binned off

Taylor was in sky and asked about the players who left it was pity he didn’t mention the wage cap because if they want the woman’s game to improve that has to be binned off
I agree with you. Sometimes to make changes you need to push from the inside. It can be done without being disrespectful and it can give the players (not just ours) a sense of City is looking out for our best interests.

Fair play to Lucy Bronze admitting that she should never have been shortlisted for the Ballon D’or…….so why was she??
At least she says it should have been Keira Walsh. The only BBC person who has consistently championed Keira Walsh as the KEY England player is the much maligned Jonathan Pearce.

I know this is petty and a non-issue to most. However, to me it highlights the disparity between the way the club treats it's men's and women's teams.

The club shop website if you wish to purchase a new, printed shirt you can search by player. Then you get the option to search by mcfc or mcwfc players. All of the new men's team summer signings, bar Sergio Gomez, are available. None of the women's new signings are up on the site.

I know. I could have anything, within reason, printed on a shirt. I can "personalise" it with a new mcwfc player. I suppose it is the principle .

Rant over, as you were.

I know this is petty and a non-issue to most. However, to me it highlights the disparity between the way the club treats it's men's and women's teams.

The club shop website if you wish to purchase a new, printed shirt you can search by player. Then you get the option to search by mcfc or mcwfc players. All of the new men's team summer signings, bar Sergio Gomez, are available. None of the women's new signings are up on the site.

I know. I could have anything, within reason, printed on a shirt. I can "personalise" it with a new mcwfc player. I suppose it is the principle .

Rant over, as you were.

If enough people cared then the business would provide.

True, but perhaps the recent success and interest in the women's game is a good reason for the club to be proactive ?

They will see how that interest pans out this season and maybe next, the business will sell to customers that are there.

There has always been interest in womens football (Can we use that term now ) but that interest has been in matches like the world cup in this country or the Olympics etc.

|Have we got the numbers available? How many season tickets have been sold as yet? What is the rise compared to last season? Business will look at these numbers before jumping in with both feet.

Not necessarily. Ordinarily, this may be correct but I am not certain in this case. For the women's team printed shirts you have the option of adding a WSL badge on the sleeve.

My daughter likes it on her shirts. They last maybe a day or three when the new shirts come out. Last season I emailed the shop and asked if they'd be getting more in stock. No they wouldn't.

We may disagree, and that is ok. It is my contention the Club shop, which is an extension of the club no matter who runs it, isn't all that fussed about the women's team. I understand the men's team is the money maker. That said, there are people willing to spend their money on the women's team if given the opportunity.

Last edited:
This is almost entirely a matter of business strategy, though. Slow/safe businesses wait for proven market demand but that doesn't it's the only way or the right way. Leading demand or correctly predicting it is how you make money!

Less keen to blame this on the club given the outsourcing of the store, but it's still crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.