Wonder how many were at the 5-1 v Charlton 1985

I was there ended up in the North Stand somehow , I was at Nott County away the game before where there was a load of trouble.I think it was the same year as Charlton.
Just remember us being behind and playing shite and there was minor crowd trouble in the away end.
The next thing I remember someone on the tannoy saying if the trouble continued the game would be abandoned and the away got smashed to pieces.

Yep, me too.

the first game i went to without an adult, 4 of us from school went together watched from the kippax. alway remember it fondly.

Enjoyed the match as city had it nailed by half time and you could enjoy the match and sing your hearts out. Only time i ever got on the pitch and we had to pull my mate out of the Kippax like a bottle cork with the weight of the masses pushing against him.

One of the stand out moments from those dark days.

was in the section between the North and Maine Stand and had a great view.....was beered up thanks to the city social club...great day to be a blue
wasnt this the same day as the Bradford fire?

Was a great day, I think the attendance was about 48,000. I was 11 years old and was in the Maine Stand with my Dad. I was really pissed off with him at the end because he wouldn't let me run on the pitch and celebrate. This was compounded the following day when I met a friend who had been on the pitch and had taken a piece of the hallowed turf as a souvenir. After keeping it in a tray which he regularly watered he ended up re-planting it in his garden and I was so jealous that he had a tiny bit of Maine Road turf in his back garden!

I was in the kippax that day, fantastic atmosphere, almost killed my self climbing over that bloody fence at the end

I was!! an amazin day! Must av been 30000 in kippax!!,got back 2 Burnley over the moon then my dad showed me what had happened at Bradford, put football into perspective

I couldn't go. It was in the days when I was completely and utterly skint bringing up a child on my own.
Found out after that my cousins and Uncle had gone, despite them never going to a match before.
I was gutted.

i was there ,in my top 5 fav games 17 yrs old lad one of the first on the pitch celebrating.brilliant day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.