Wonder how many were at the 5-1 v Charlton 1985

18 at the time,me and my mate tub half cut in the platt lane.There where some barriers up 3/4 of the way along near the away fans end for some reason,pushed over,don't know why.Best football day of my life.First time i've seen it since that day and brought tears to my eye's<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:33 pm --<br /><br />
Tattooedcityfan said:
on the kippax, never forget being lifted off my feet in the crush and ended up literally 20 feet from where i was first stood!
happened all the time in those days

i was there and i wanted to name my son who was born the following month after david phillips but wife said no so we settled on phillip david ... at end of match when players were in the main stand in mirror on sunday mate of mine was in picture

I remember being in the North Stand with my old man thinking thank god i'm not in the Kippax with my Bruv, like sardines the whole of that stand was swaying backwards and forewards all game.

What an atmosphere, what a buzz, what a day!!

In North Stand.

Great Day n Nite.

Still have some of the hallowed Maine Road turf from this game (mixed in with Bradford turf from that promotion winning game)

Had a great day n nite in Portsmouth the week before Charlton game, celebrating Simo's quality goal to make promotion a possiblity against Charlton

standing at the back of the main stand with my dad (rip). a great day with any nerves following the cock up at notts county the previous game brushed aside with early goals. any number of tv pundits (jimmy hill, jimmy greaves, etc) were willing us to fail that day.<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:02 pm --<br /><br />
shawgorbie said:
wtfigo said:
Me, usually stood in the Kippax centre middle, but couldn't get close because it was absolutely full. Ended up in the open bit next to the North stand. Great day until we heard the other news.
what other news?

bradford fire

shawgorbie said:
wtfigo said:
Me, usually stood in the Kippax centre middle, but couldn't get close because it was absolutely full. Ended up in the open bit next to the North stand. Great day until we heard the other news.
what other news?

The day of the Bradford fire...

That was my 1st game. Remember being on my dads shoulders on the pitch. Probably my earliest memory.

Couldn't make it to this one either, was in West Germany, 7 Armoured Workshop Fallingbostel to be exact. Again, remember it well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.