World Cup Predictions

yankcitizen76 said:
Maybe it is because I am so used to the idea of the Americans getting beat that I am totally oblivious to who wins and loses. I just want to see some good football. Chile to be the hard nut to crack and make it all the way to the semis. I also want Belgium to make it far. Anyway, Germany over Argentina, Argentina forever hates Messi. I call it.

You Americans always prove to be tough though, I wouldn't write yourselves off. I think Chile will get through the group which means Spain or the Netherlands to miss out and I might put a little gamble on Spain going out. Will be some big teams missing out on the knockouts. Portugal are hit and miss and Germany seem to be struggling to defend which is odd. England, Uruguay, Italy... well the Italians have decided that humid weather and tough games are not enough so have chosen to stay in a hotel thousands of miles away from the stadia they play their games in. I think that will see them knocked out in the group, they are notoriously slow starters but they cannot afford to be.

The Telegraph has a pretty good predictor on it, you can input the scores you think will happen and it updates the groups, puts the teams through to the knockout stages etc. As with all these things it can't cope with draws in the knockout stages so you need to put in a score that ends up with a winner (so just put in whoever you think will win after extra time, or penalties.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo.../World-Cup-2014-Wallchart-Predictor-Game.html

I ended up with the Argies beating the Brazillians in the final.

Surely Costa Rica are worth a £1 e/w at 3000/1

You always get one random team that makes it to the semi finals

And their South American :)

chris85mcfc said:
Surely Costa Rica are worth a £1 e/w at 3000/1

You always get one random team that makes it to the semi finals

And their South American :)

Each way is 1st 2 tho, this would be a losing bet.

I'm on Argentina, been backing them for months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.