World Cup Quarter-Finals Thread.

This World Cup has Germany written all over.

I don't mind, with that talent they had through the years, it's a shame how they haven't won a single international trophy since Euro 1996.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
That was mostly rubbish. Belgium never turned up.

They needed a powerhouse in midfield and what they got was BogBrush.

They also needed vision but Hazard once again failed to show up for a big match, another flat track bully and I'm so glad now that he knocked us back,

sam-caddick said:
Demichelis should have played from the start of the tournament, Argentina look miles better defensively with him included.
True. Their defensive shape was excellent, it's partially why Belgium looked so inept. I think demichelis' organizational skills helped hugely.

lancs blue said:
Wretched Vengeance said:

They also needed vision but Hazard once again failed to show up for a big match, another flat track bully and I'm so glad now that he knocked us back,

I expected Dembele to get more of a look in.

lancs blue said:
Wretched Vengeance said:

Was just about to post something similar.

When the Belgium players get a chance to reflect on todays performance they'll probably think to themselves "Oh my God we never fucking showed up at all"! To a man they didn't leave everything out there and well as he played, as captain Vinny should have drove them forward more not hoofed it Wimbledon style.

B\connellblue said:
When the Belgium players get a chance to reflect on todays performance they'll probably think to themselves "Oh my God we never fucking showed up at all"! To a man they didn't leave everything out there and well as he played, as captain Vinny should have drove them forward more not hoofed it Wimbledon style.

It was at times like watching a PL game between 2 not very good sides. In fact my take on the tournament is it has been very exciting but overall very poor quality. i can't name one team that has looked particularly good.

In all previous world cups there have been quality teams. they may not have won, think Brazil 82, France 86, Italy 90 and there also have been great winners too like Spain and France but can anyone hand on heart recommend any of the teams who are still in it.

robbieh said:
B\connellblue said:

It was at times like watching a PL game between 2 not very good sides. In fact my take on the tournament is it has been very exciting but overall very poor quality. i can't name one team that has looked particularly good.

In all previous world cups there have been quality teams. they may not have won, think Brazil 82, France 86, Italy 90 and there also have been great winners too like Spain and France but can anyone hand on heart recommend any of the teams who are still in it.
France, great winners? The way I remember it, they were a dreary side with an incredible defence, who won most of their games with goals from their defenders? I was young though so I could be mistaken

robbieh said:
B\connellblue said:

No team has stood out and that's all the more reason for teams like Belgium to make the breakthrough. Germany will knock Brazil out unless there's a fifa conspiracy against them, as for Argentina, far from convincing so far but at no stage have they had to chase a game yet. I hope they win it now for all the obvious reasons.

Argentina have been very lucky to have had the easiest route ever to a semi final. Still yet to play a decent side and they're only two games away from winning it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.