Worst And Best Cities You've Visited.

I recently posted about a TUI deal to Can Picafort that was for pennies, so when you called out Can Picafort as a worst city to visit, I presumed you may have been fishing. So when I woke this morning the first thing I thought was get this fecking hook out of my mouth .. very very coincidental but fair does if you were on the level.

It's not a resort we would have selected in Mallorca, but as we play TUI roulette heres where we sit. Pretty enough but arn't they all in the Balaerics. Would I recomend Picafort? Why yes if a good deal was forthcoming.

Sorry to here you had a mare of a time but surely all of the townsfolk cant have been antisocial toward you, or was it the other tourists?
How are you finding the San Baulo, Bob?

As previously noted, it's 20 years since we went, so I imagine it's changed a bit, but I remember the location being very good and the hotel being nice.

I recently posted about a TUI deal to Can Picafort that was for pennies, so when you called out Can Picafort as a worst city to visit, I presumed you may have been fishing. So when I woke this morning the first thing I thought was get hook out of my mouth .. very very coincidental but fair does if you were on the level.

It's not a resort we would have selected in Mallorca, but as we play TUI roulette heres where we sit. Pretty enough but arn't they all in the Balaerics. Would I recomend Picafort? Why yes if a good deal was forthcoming.

Sorry to here you had a mare of a time but surely all of the townsfolk cant have been antisocial toward you, or was it the other tourists?
Sorry pal. I didn't see your post. It was a build up of Teletext holidays, a checking in clerk at the airport, them then not sending my bus at the end of my holiday, putting us in a shitty room for a night until I complained and got it sorted and also it was a time when they were protesting about UK tourism on the island and the people in the shops,bars and hotel were just so rude and ignorant. But if you've had great experiences then so be it, maybe I was in the wrong place at the wrong time Bob.

How are you finding the San Baulo, Bob?

As previously noted, it's 20 years since we went, so I imagine it's changed a bit, but I remember the location being very good and the hotel being nice.
It's officially rated 3 star and probably agree, save for the staff and the location which are 5 star. Slap bang on the beach with a nice inlet/river by side that favours Baga in Goa. A lot of people using the hotel as a twin centre after their TUI/Marelli cruise but the inhabitants are a fair mix of English/German/French.

Nice walk after breakfast every morning along the flat promenade which stretches out from Son Baula to the end of Picafort. A nice Jamaican beach bar on the front which is banging with lots of vibes and reggie music. Love the theme bars and they even have an Irish bar which is currently closed due to early season.

Areas of interest in the vicinity such as Alcudia 7 k away and the lovely Porto Pollensia next door. Bus prices are cheap as chips and you can just tap on tap of with your bank card.

If your after a nice relaxing break with friendly staff and a really nice vista, then as you know, you cant really go wrong with Baulo. A sea view room wouldnt have gone amiss but as we were bottom picking it's not possible to have everything. Entertainment tribute acts on at the hotel every night ..tina turner, abba the smiths etc etc etc

Weathers been banging with highs of 26c but the last few days its been cloudy, but still 19c. All good in relation to price paid @£330 for ten nights half board with day flights both ways. Happy days.

0kTk5BB.jpg

gHbRNSz.jpg

0hsTCvj.jpg

Last edited:
It's officially rated 3 star and probably agree, save for the staff and the location which are 5 star. Slap bang on the beach with a nice inlet/river by side that favours Baga in Goa. A lot of people using the hotel as a twin centre after their TUI/Marelli cruise but the inhabitants are a fair mix of English/German/French.

Nice walk after breakfast every morning along the flat promenade which stretches out from Son Baula to the end of Picafort. A nice Jamaican beach bar on the front which is banging with lots of vibes and reggie music. Love the theme bars and they even have an Irish bar which is currently closed due to early season.

Areas of interest in the vicinity such as Alcudia 7 k away and the lovely Porto Pollensia next door. Bus prices are cheap as chips and you can just tap on tap of with your bank card.

If your after a nice relaxing break with friendly staff and a really nice vista, then as you know you cant really go wrong with Hotel Baulo. A sea view room wouldnt have gone amiss but as we were bottom picking it's not possible to have everything. Entertainment tribute acts on at the hotel every night ..tina turner, abba the smiths etc etc etc

Weathers been banging with highs of 26c but the last few days its been cloudy, but still 19c. All good in relation to price paid @£330 for ten nights half board with day flights both ways. Happy days.
Interesting - one of the things that sticks in my mind was the fact that the beach is on one side and a river on the other. A very unsual location in that way. I think we had a view over the river.

I also remember a bar that was playing "Iron, Lion, Zion", I wonder if it was the same one? I always say that I'm not really into reggae, but I like that song and always think back to that bar when I hear the song.

Glad you're enjoying it,and it sounds pretty good for £330. At least TUI can do some things right, but I don't think I'll use them again after last year's poor handling of the Manchester Airport issues.

Glad you're enjoying it,and it sounds pretty good for £330. At least TUI can do some things right, but I don't think I'll use them again after last year's poor handling of the Manchester Airport issues.
Yeh they let themselves down there. Price paid was a last minute booking with less than 40 hours to fill their plane, so no real favours from them. A few pics of the river above and one of their strange objects de art that have popped up all over the place. Probably came from the tourist tax fund that we are obliged to pay. Its just gone up ten per cent. So first 8 days at 2.20 and everything after 8 days at 1.10 a day per person.

Last edited:
Best:
Sydney, Hamilton, Singapore, NY, Charleston.

Worst:
Lagos, Kingston, Delhi, Luton.

best
Rome, New York, Sydney,Edinbrough
worst
LA , Khartoum , Cassablanca stoke

Best: New York, Paris, Palermo, Berlin.

Worst: Tepleze Czeck Republic. Seemed as if Communism had just arrived. Did have a stunning bar woman. So escapes Armageddon.

Barrow on Furnace: Where hope goes to die.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.