Worst And Best Cities You've Visited.

It must have been thrilling to go into the east when the wall was still up.
I first went in 1990 and you could still differentiate between east and west. Although the east is a bit shabby that is my favourite part.
The wall that the East German tourist guides referred to as the anti fascist barrier designed to keep the west out. They really did. I visited communist East Berlin (plus Leipzig, Gera and he corridor between West Germany and Poland) many times in the 70s and 80s.

I hated Paris. I thought it’d be a great visit full of culture but it was dirty and overpriced. If I’m there for football again then I’ll stay in another city and get the train in.

Berlin had a great effect on me. Malaga too.

Off the top of my head.

Best: London, Berlin, Denver, Hanoi, Barcelona, Chicago, Seville,

Worst: Paris, Memphis, LA, Amarillo, Sydney, Tokyo, Marbella.

Been to far rougher places than most of the worst, but I actually love edgy cities. They give me a right buzz. Love living on my wits in a place I don’t know.

Some places just don’t feel right, rather than anything terrible that happens there.

Best city - New York. Arriving at night over the Brooklyn Bridge was absolutely astounding. The day after, just walking around and seeing all these enormous, iconic buildings was just incredible. I was also very close to saying Seattle as well as it's got a brilliant laid back vibe and I thought about moving their once. Hong Kong was also phenomenal.

Worst city - Vancouver. Hated the place and I've never felt so unsafe in a city in my life. Maybe we were unlucky (a lot of people love it) but I'd say around 10% of the people were homeless and we stumbled across an area where we found bodies passed out in a park. Saw fights and generally the whole place was horrendous. Begging, people emptying bins to look for food etc was pretty commonplace. Victoria, just across the way, was the opposite though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.