Worst And Best Cities You've Visited.

I've been lucky to travel to a hell of a lot of places down the years and the one city that stands out head n shoulders above the others is Sydney. Absolutely the best place on the planet for me. So geared up for family,sport and beer :) The travel system is amazing and the beaches second to none. And if you invest a bit of time with the locals,they're decent people. Unbelievable place! Worst..Mmm It's not a city, but took my little girl to Pickafort in Majorca about 5 years ago. They were the most horrible people I've ever encountered! Ignorant,rude and really hated the English. I'll never visit Majorca again. Worst City? Don't really have one tbh, although I'm not a big fan of London.
I absolutely loved Sydney , it has absolutely everything. Melbourne is nice too, although I stayed out in the suburbs in Frankston, beach golf course and race course and a real chilled way of life

Its a miserable place to work in and do the daily commute there. I did a few years working away there and it was by far the worst place i've ever worked when i've travelled.

As a tourist i think its a fantastic place. Took the kids for the weekend in Feb and it was brilliant.
I feel like that about a lot of huge cities. Basically great to live if you're rich, but otherwise awful. I visited a friend living in Tokyo and it was much the same. So much going on, incredible to visit, but if you live there with anything like a normal job, you're spending most of your time on a train going to work. And then add the Japanese lack of work-life balance, and you think what's the point of being there if you never get to enjoy it. He only got 10 paid days off a year.

Same with Seoul. Got offered a job and was warned pretty strongly not to take it. But when I went as a tourist it was fantastic.

I dont like cities, full stop. but..
best Cuenca Ecuador Spanish colonial meets old inca at an altitude
worst. San Pedro Sula, Honduras, ( not for the faint harted!!!!!!!!)

I’m assured by Cockneys of a certain generation that London used to be full of characters but mass migration and gentrification has cleared them out.
Every part of London was always a bit unique in it’s own way c30 years ago when I lived down there -I don’t know what it is like today though

If you sat so hiilts. I personally can't fuckin stand the place, a lot!
Think you can't really compare Sydney to London, they're so different, London has much so more history with all those old streets and buildings but Sydney has one of the best harbours in the world, complete with many ferries which it is a joy to ride.
They're different.

I've been lucky to travel to a hell of a lot of places down the years and the one city that stands out head n shoulders above the others is Sydney. Absolutely the best place on the planet for me. So geared up for family,sport and beer :) The travel system is amazing and the beaches second to none. And if you invest a bit of time with the locals,they're decent people. Unbelievable place! Worst..Mmm It's not a city, but took my little girl to Pickafort in Majorca about 5 years ago. They were the most horrible people I've ever encountered! Ignorant,rude and really hated the English. I'll never visit Majorca again. Worst City? Don't really have one tbh, although I'm not a big fan of London.
Sydney harbour is magnificent but the rest underwhelming to me.

Sydney harbour is magnificent but the rest underwhelming to me.
The beaches are amazing. It might not have the iconic history attractions of London etc, but the friendly laid back vibe is amazing and totally geared up for families. I just love the place.

Think you can't really compare Sydney to London, they're so different, London has much so more history with all those old streets and buildings but Sydney has one of the best harbours in the world, complete with many ferries which it is a joy to ride.
They're different.
I didn't mention London in my original thread Bill, I was replying to hilts. Everyone is different and feels differently about this place or that place. Each to their own. And you are correct, totally different places.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.