Worst And Best Cities You've Visited.

Every part of London was always a bit unique in it’s own way c30 years ago when I lived down there -I don’t know what it is like today though
Gentrification. Apartments everywhere.

I was lucky to be accepted in a circle of friends down there and, from what I understand, just one remains in London and she had Indian parents.

My last spell there sent me loopy. I’m still recovering!

Last edited:
Thus showing why Rus has posted that. It's a great place for a night out, in a lot of ways better than Manchester.
I shopped and ate in Liverpool well yesterday. Everything I needed was walkable and it was straight home on the Merseyrail to Wirral.

People polite and friendly. It gets a hard time but it can be a good place.

My best and worst city is the same: Kathmandu in Nepal. All the beauty and all the worst parts of city life squished and weaved together. This city is a spiritual oasis and gateway to the mountains with a variety of cultures and people, but is a wreck in places. Open sewers and

#1 Dubrovnik (Croatia): accessible to so many stunning surroundings and a great walled city that is almost like a village. Lady Pipi's restaurant at the top end of town is wonderful.

#2 Prague (Czech Republic): historic, great boatels, fantastic for ice in winter and super beers.

#3 Yokohama (Japan): a stunnjing harbour and naval city, with great views of Mount Fuji, delightful museums

#4 Hamburg (Germany): great model railway and submarine museums, stunning parks, scenic and good & chips.

#5 Hong Kong (China): best velodrome ever, easy to travel to tropical islands around it, friendly people, green and where better for East to mix with West (until recently)

WORST:
Changsha, Hunan (China). Many Chinese cities are copied and pasted, rebuilt, over-developed, grey and unwelcoming. This one prides itself on cigarette factories, some branded for MZD. Toilet of a city.

Last edited:
Best cities: London, Madrid, Rio, Havana, New York, Rome, Granada, Sevilla

Worst Cities: LA

Best: Santiago (Chile), Granada (Spain), or St Petersburg (Russia)

Worst: Charleroi (Belgium)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.