Worst Goalkeeper

Pep was the first manager to be given the go ahead to drop Hart. He even benched Aguero after signing Jesus.

The fact of the matter is that Bravo did a bad job overall as City keeper in a grossly underwhelming first season. I don't particularly like Hart's demeanour and I never have (looks like a fan of rugby) but it was a poor replacement.

If you don't know, ask around and you'll find out why Hart really left.

I do know why Hart left probably more than you tbh at the time I was in the club on a weekly basis
So I am well aware
I still maintain Bravo was unlucky the fans turned on him and he lost his confident
I believe partly because he replaced Hart who was the poster boy (look at him now)
Bravo post injury regained some confidence and did well in the Cup for us
I accept he didn’t have a great time at City but he certainly isn’t the worst keeper we’ve had by a long stretch
Neither Hart or Bravo are a patch on Ederson

Briefly. Caballero was a good back up. Penalty heroics v Liverpool in the League Cup Final.

RE: Hart. It's out there. People know.
Ive seen this mentioned on this site for 4 years now. I’ve asked about 30 posters directly what these reasons are, and not one has given a reason.

Please, do elaborate.

Sorry but it's Bravo for me.

He was absolutely useless and wasn't cheap either. It's debatable whether a 14 year old would be better than he was at his 'peak'. If love to see a best of Bravo at City as it would be meagre pickings.

He came from Barcelona and had a reputation and big fee and all he managed to do was save the odd penalty in a cup final - which I could do.

He was simply like a ghost in net and for everyone saying he was decent and that Dibble etc were useless I'd love to see how many shots v saves Bravo did.

He was a terrible signing, and no other player comes close pound for pound.

Sorry but it's Bravo for me.

He was absolutely useless and wasn't cheap either. It's debatable whether a 14 year old would be better than he was at his 'peak'. If love to see a best of Bravo at City as it would be meagre pickings.

He came from Barcelona and had a reputation and big fee and all he managed to do was save the odd penalty in a cup final - which I could do.

He was simply like a ghost in net and for everyone saying he was decent and that Dibble etc were useless I'd love to see how many shots v saves Bravo did.

He was a terrible signing, and no other player comes close pound for pound.
Hats off to him for several penalty triumphs on the way to cups, but in game, I would have rather had any other keeper in the league.

Fortunate really that I haven't really seen any 'bad' keepers in my time - first keeper I can remember clearly was David James.

Think many people just struggle to see past Bravo's first season. Was mostly quite decent when called upon after that.

Really wasn't keen on Caballero until the League Cup final, but that seemed to be a turning point and he did a good job in Pep's first season.

Pantilimon wasn't great. I remember him coming in when Hart was dropped and thinking he didn't look much safer.

I remember being quite excited about Isaksson too but that didn't quite work out, although that wasn't really his fault. (emergence of Hart and Schmeichel)

I do know why Hart left probably more than you tbh at the time I was in the club on a weekly basis
So I am well aware
I still maintain Bravo was unlucky the fans turned on him and he lost his confident
I believe partly because he replaced Hart who was the poster boy (look at him now)
Bravo post injury regained some confidence and did well in the Cup for us
I accept he didn’t have a great time at City but he certainly isn’t the worst keeper we’ve had by a long stretch
Neither Hart or Bravo are a patch on Ederson
Bravo never stood a chance in all honesty.
The minute he replaced the blue eyed boy England’s number 1 the media went after him big time.
He made a few errors in his early days and was never allowed to forget these.
What upsets me most is the way some of our fans turned on him thanks to the media driven agenda against him. To his credit he behaved like a model professional throughout.
At least he got some redemption towards the end of his stay.
To say he was a poor keeper is utterly laughable. You don’t get to captain your national team to Copa America victory without being good...
Those who think he was our worst clearly weren’t about in the 70s / 80s or have short memories!

Bravo never stood a chance in all honesty.
The minute he replaced the blue eyed boy England’s number 1 the media went after him big time.
He made a few errors in his early days and was never allowed to forget these.
What upsets me most is the way some of our fans turned on him thanks to the media driven agenda against him. To his credit he behaved like a model professional throughout.
At least he got some redemption towards the end of his stay.
To say he was a poor keeper is utterly laughable. You don’t get to captain your national team to Copa America victory without being good...
Those who think he was our worst clearly weren’t about in the 70s / 80s or have short memories!
It was the right time to replace Hart, but Bravo was shit in the league.

Even when he didn’t make mistakes, he conceded goals that you’d expect him to have stood a better chance on.

His perceived ability with the ball at his feet was overrated, also. It took Ederson coming into to see just how it should look. And the argument that his defenders weren’t up to scratch in that first season falls down whenever he came in the seasons after as he really wasn’t this whiz with the ball at his feet some had claimed.

Good penalty stopper and contributed to some trophy successes so he gave more than some of the tripe players on this thread, but he was in the twilight of his career really for such a short goalkeeper, and he couldn’t hack it here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.