Worst Goalkeeper

genuinely can't believe how many single out Dibble, thought he was a decent keeper for City , remember the home game v Villa when Paul Lake did his injury, Dibble was outstanding in a 2-1 win and was a decent back up to Coton and as for hearing Zack Steffen mentioned seriously? was outstanding whenever he played in covid season away win at Chelsea, cup wins at swamp and Goodison, made a mistake against dippers at Wembley which affected him but those 2 definitely made more of positive contributions than likes of Isaakson, Seaman and Immell, David James gets a honourable mention as he always seems to be on the pre-match shows these days but i remember he couldn't wait to jump ship to 'Honest Harry's' Portsmouth

genuinely can't believe how many single out Dibble, thought he was a decent keeper for City , remember the home game v Villa when Paul Lake did his injury, Dibble was outstanding in a 2-1 win and was a decent back up to Coton and as for hearing Zack Steffen mentioned seriously? was outstanding whenever he played in covid season away win at Chelsea, cup wins at swamp and Goodison, made a mistake against dippers at Wembley which affected him but those 2 definitely made more of positive contributions than likes of Isaakson, Seaman and Immell, David James gets a honourable mention as he always seems to be on the pre-match shows these days but i remember he couldn't wait to jump ship to 'Honest Harry's' Portsmouth
Seaman, Simon Tracey, Margetson, Immel, Tommy Wright etc were considerably worse for us than Dibble by some margin. Seaman in particular was in disgraceful shape for a professional. Never forget seeing him floundering about like a beached seal at a pre season friendly at Mansfield and realising he was here for one last payday and nothing else.
Ended up paying up his contract and fucking him off mid season under the pretence of a ‘back injury’ to spare everyone’s blushes
One of Keegan’s weaknesses was that he was always overly partial to a ‘showbiz’ signing of over the hill veterans, and while the likes of Pearce paid off, Seaman was a disaster
Andy Dibble was decent enough for where we were at the time.
Legendary shagger though, some of the stories of his extra curricular activities were eye opening!

Seaman, Simon Tracey, Margetson, Immel, Tommy Wright etc were considerably worse for us than Dibble by some margin. Seaman in particular was in disgraceful shape for a professional. Never forget seeing him floundering about like a beached seal at a pre season friendly at Mansfield and realising he was here for one last payday and nothing else.
Ended up paying up his contract and fucking him off mid season under the pretence of a ‘back injury’ to spare everyone’s blushes
One of Keegan’s weaknesses was that he was always overly partial to a ‘showbiz’ signing of over the hill veterans, and while the likes of Pearce paid off, Seaman was a disaster
Andy Dibble was decent enough for where we were at the time.
Legendary shagger though, some of the stories of his extra curricular activities were eye opening!
Agreed mate.
It was clear when Schmeichel got here, there was still a couple of seasons in him at least and was a great bit of business, with Seaman, that clearly wasn’t the case.

Having said that, I still see Fowler as being the worse bit of business we did under KK, I was willing Bernstein to stick to his guns on that one.

Dibble could be brilliant and calamitous in equal measures. And i agree, he doesnt come into the top 5 shite goalies since ive been watching since the early 80s.
Possibly isnt even in the top 10!

Tracey, burridge, sydall, seaman, stowell, mimms, ellegurd (sp), all comfortable sit above him, and thats without thinking of more.

Always remember Summerbee saying the season we went down under Ball that he knew we where in big trouble cause Immel couldn't see properly and was cross eyed
If it was Mike saying that ok, but is it was Nicholas, FFS that cnut should keep quiet.

Agreed mate.
It was clear when Schmeichel got here, there was still a couple of seasons in him at least and was a great bit of business, with Seaman, that clearly wasn’t the case.

Having said that, I still see Fowler as being the worse bit of business we did under KK, I was willing Bernstein to stick to his guns on that one.
Yep another showbiz signing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.