Worst pain you've experienced

I used to install office furniture when I was a youngling. Sometimes somebody would sit on top of a work surface in order to put pressure on so the lad underneath could screw a bracket to it without it moving. I was that person sitting on top one time when two work surfaces were joined tightly together from underneath with a couple of brackets.
My bollocks got pinched as a result and the lad underneath had to unscrew the bracket so that I could crawl away crying.

Dislocated shoulder after bomb blew a hole in the blade, have also walked around with broken hand/dragging a broken leg around for a couple of days, had 2 day headache after being sparked clean out in American football.
All painful but bearable unless you decided to wave them/move about too much.

By far worst pain I've ever experienced was sinusitis. Excruciating constant pain through whole head unless I stayed perfectly still. Even the slightest movement from breathing was agony.

Luckily found out how to avoid it ever coming on in future, but that was a painful lesson.

What set it off, if you don't mind me asking?

I've been quite lucky so far, touch wood.

Had appendicitis, sat on it for 4 days knowing I probably had it, tried to take the edge off it with a few beers. Finally walked to A&E at 2am the Thursday night. Didn't have the op til 40 hours later due to several nurse fuck ups and lack of staff/beds. Managed to discharge myself the next morning and shuffle my way to the City game. Spurs cunts beat us.

Had a hip flexor surgery to remedy a long-term condition. That was pretty painful on waking up. The day I had the op was the day MK Dons beat United, remember laughing my tits off in my hospital bed, high as a kite on morphine. Pretty uncomfortable learning how to walk again after 3 months off my feet; but sounds like I've had it easy compared to others on here.

Did actually get a pain last week in my spine when I got up off the sofa, it was excruciating for all of 2 seconds. Must have just tweaked a nerve or a disc as I stood up; funny things are backs.

Got an accidental kick in the rocks years back. The pain and embarrassment was outrageous. Said it was as bad a pain as I had ever had.
Wife took no pity on me at all and said there was no worse pain than giving birth.
Shortly after she said she wanted another baby.

I wasn't looking for another kick in the rocks though.

What set it off, if you don't mind me asking?
Getting the flu and not getting rid of the mucus which just filled my sinuses to bursting point.

A week or two of the blue inhaler helped to shift it then, but the core prevention tactic now whenever I feel anything like that coming on is hydrate like hell, sweat it out and blow my nose a lot. Runny nose = good flushing.
Same advice for speeding up getting through such an infection anyway.

Last edited:
The ending to Watership Down was extremely painful. There were tears.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.