Worst place you've ever visited/driven through in the UK?

The worst place i ever driven thro'
was a red light at the junction of
Rochdale Rd/Moston lane.
North Manchester forever ha ha
It's a chip muffin';
I'm pissed but nevertheless... CTID,
Goodnight Blues, sweet dreams

Most of the places mentioned already I've visited in a work capacity, Burnley, Middlesboro and Rochdale being the stand out candidates.
But one that no one has mentioned so far is Wrexham. There's an area on the outskirts called Queens Park and that is just the worst. It makes Huyton look like Alderley Edge.

citykev28 said:
did i forget to mention liverpool? jesus h. christ this is a deprived area.

also, i live in hull and if anyone knows the preston road area (near hull kr's ground), they'll back me when i say it's not exactly utopia.

I'm backing you all the way mate, i'd say it's an utter shithole.

MCFC BOB said:
lee-mcfc said:
stockport. drove there today , seen my ex's brother wanted to run him over but thought i shouldn't...
I live in Stockport and I'm not even offended. It really is a huge pile of wank that only exists nowadays because of Manchester. God, I can't wait to leave. Good shout, Lee.

Lived in Stockport all my life.

Stockport as a 'place' isn't all that bad, it includes Bramhall, Disley, Poynton etc. It's the town centre which is just awful beyond belief. You take a walk down Merseyway and you'll want to kill yourself. I've never seen a group of people leant on barriers watching pavemen lay block paving before, until I walked through Merseyway. 10 years ago it was quite vibrant and lots going on in the dinner hour. Now, it's a ghost town. Awful.

Lomas has a lob on said:
simonr555 said:
I had the displeasure of visiting Horfield in Bristol last year. What a complete and utter dive that is. I love Bristol itself, such a beautiful city. I was in Cowdenbeath on Saturday and that's a backwards place.
Horfield is horrific mate, very scary place, I used to have the displeasure of delivering round there a few years back, safest place there is the prison.

Sounds about right that mate. I had three seperate group of blokes, all well into their 50's (either that or they'd had hard paper rounds) kicking off with me and two mates cause we looked different and spoke differently. That was all in the 3-4 hours I was there.

I must agree with Barrow and Dewsbury.Played a gig in dewsbury a couple of years back and we nearly got battered. The place had kids running about in it at 10pm. The most backward place i,ve been to.Landlady refused to pay us our gig fee because not many punters turned up!.Cheeky fuckers,we argued our corner thats why it nearly kicked off. All the locals in there got involved in the argument too along with the landlady so they wouldn't have to cough up our cash.
Not a pleasant position to be in with 8 grand worth of equipment behind us as we had to spend the next half an hour packing our gear in our cars!.We did get our fee at the end of it though!.
Barrow is another place that should be wiped out aswell,real inbreads in that neck of the woods.Scary place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.