Worst place you've ever visited/driven through in the UK?

Some of the places mentioned here have made me laugh...

Morecombe? big private estates there full of retired OAP couples, people who actually retire and move up there from more affluent areas.

Radcliffe isn't exactly paradise but its far from the Shante Towns of Sao Paulo.

Maybe I'm just acclimatized to poverty when travelling that living over here feels like we all have castles, be it the druggies in the squat or the middleclass family in the detached 4bed.

Theres a reason we have a large migration number in this country.

scall said:
MCFC BOB said:
I live in Stockport and I'm not even offended. It really is a huge pile of wank that only exists nowadays because of Manchester. God, I can't wait to leave. Good shout, Lee.

Lived in Stockport all my life.

Stockport as a 'place' isn't all that bad, it includes Bramhall, Disley, Poynton etc. It's the town centre which is just awful beyond belief. You take a walk down Merseyway and you'll want to kill yourself. I've never seen a group of people leant on barriers watching pavemen lay block paving before, until I walked through Merseyway. 10 years ago it was quite vibrant and lots going on in the dinner hour. Now, it's a ghost town. Awful.
I really can't wait for city living. A nice flat in Salford should be fine for me.

Stockport is awful. Notorious fo chavs and full of scrotes and the "underclass"; if I can call them that, it might be not be politically correct. But it really is full of fourty-year olds with stubble, horrible skin and a style of clothing that says: "I was thrown out of school because I slapped up a teacher because she refused to have sex with me".

MCFC BOB said:
lee-mcfc said:
stockport. drove there today , seen my ex's brother wanted to run him over but thought i shouldn't...
I live in Stockport and I'm not even offended. It really is a huge pile of wank that only exists nowadays because of Manchester. God, I can't wait to leave. Good shout, Lee.

yup

I agree when you travel around brazil Sao Paulo/ Rio, we have nothing like this in the UK. We have run down estates and crime yes but compared to these places we live in paradise. There is a Brazilian saying when leaving your house "WALK WITH GOD" because they dont know if they are going to return. Tats scary.
SteSteez said:
Some of the places mentioned here have made me laugh...

Morecombe? big private estates there full of retired OAP couples, people who actually retire and move up there from more affluent areas.

Radcliffe isn't exactly paradise but its far from the Shante Towns of Sao Paulo.

Maybe I'm just acclimatized to poverty when travelling that living over here feels like we all have castles, be it the druggies in the squat or the middleclass family in the detached 4bed.

Theres a reason we have a large migration number in this country.

simonr555 said:
I had the displeasure of visiting Horfield in Bristol last year. What a complete and utter dive that is. I love Bristol itself, such a beautiful city. I was in Cowdenbeath on Saturday and that's a backwards place.

Got an away derby to look forward to in Cowdenbeath next week! Their ground is a shithole. Wouldn't say the place itself is that bad though, there's definitely worse in that area!

I remember years ago being in Tall Trees nightclub near Yarm , Cleveland . Got off with this girl who said she lived nearby in Middlesbrough . Turned out she lived on a housing estate called Brambles Farm .
Now that was a shit hole .
Got back to her sisters who she shared a house with and there was a full on party happening. It was like something out of The League Of Gentlemen .
The women wanted to fuck me , the men wanted to kick fuck out of me .
That was an interesting night .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.