Would anyone be willing to boycott a game?

I think the people around the stadium should be given cheaper tickets to encourage more noise in the stadium
Don't think the two are that linked. The only thing that would improve atmosphere is safe standing IMO. Cant blame so called tourists for lack of atmosphere when we have 43000 s/c holders many of them have been going for years.

As the financial guru on bluemoon, why in your opinion would Mcfc put up season ticket prices.?
As I explained elsewhere, I understand why they've put up prices the last few years and looked to change the mix of premium and non-premium seating. We all want to pay as little as possible of course but demand is now higher and the club need to be judged against their rivals and do what they need to maximise revenue. We shouldn't need to match the big London clubs as all bar Arsenal have much smaller capacities, a wealthier fan-base and a much higher audience. So Liverpool & the rags are our best benchmark but they've had big, very well-established fan-bases for a number of years.

In the 2015/16 season we'd pretty well reached our peak I reckon as match-day income really wasn't what I would have expected from the newly expanded stadium and having played in the CL semi-final and League Cup final. I was really expecting it to be up to 15% higher than the £52.5m we reported. That suggests to me we've just about peaked and prices are maybe even too high for the actual level of demand, particularly at the higher end of the scale (premium & corporate). So why they've brought in this largely insignificant increase is a complete mystery to me, particularly when we've got nearly £50m additional TV money this season and that and the £5m for a shirt sleeve sponsor next.

The only possible rationale I can think of is that they're trying to cover match-day and other day-to-day running expenses from ticket income but there's no commercial logic I can see, in the context of frozen prices generally, to doing this for a maximum potential gain of £500k and it might not even be anywhere near that.

Don't think the two are that linked. The only thing that would improve atmosphere is safe standing IMO. Cant blame so called tourists for lack of atmosphere when we have 43000 s/c holders many of them have been going for years.
I do think they are linked. And it shows when at the stadium.

I have sat nearly everywhere this season and by far the best is well away from people taking photos or sitting quiet because they dont really know what's going on. It is much more satisfying being sat near a load of people who shout and support. It's the difference between a morgue and a party for me!

Or even worse empty seats.... Those 43000 s/c holders you mentioned dont always turn up each week (Minority obviously) but that is a problem in itself.

Last edited:
Although I agree that there is a difference between where regular/lifelong blues congregate and where tourists /families congregate, judging how much noise one makes from their bank balance is rather unfair.

You can be 'Shameless' yet still not sing in the ground, whereas I know of some blues who are middle class /wealthy and will sing more than I do.

It's all about group dynamics as when the wealthy dude is in the middle of the singing section, he is jumping around, singing, just like the rest of us... Whereas when he visits friends in the Hospitality section, he wears a suit, never sings and all the rest of it.
And this is why atmosphere overall in the stadium is shit at most (if not all) top flight clubs is because it's full of daytrippers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.