Would anyone be willing to boycott a game?

Stupid thread.

Nothing like biting the hand................

We are in the most successful time in our history, biggest crowds, wonderful players and fantastic facilities.

Ungrateful pricks.
What? I'd also be prepared to protest against something/anything in my life I was unhappy with.
Doesn't mean I'm ungrateful, nor does it make the OP ungrateful either.

My issue is that I simply cannot afford to attend matches anymore.
Since 1947 Family members have attended city Matches and due to my financial situation sadly I can no longer afford the season ticket.
Yes, I could attend the odd one every season but it isn't the same, being in the same area of the ground as people you recognise, and feel comfortable with in supporting "your" team.
And factor that for a single ticket it's what, £75 or something?
Not bought a single ticket in a long time so wouldn't know.

And the less I go, the less attached to City :(

Like I said, keep your faith, you have the money, enjoy.

Seems of you are lower income, you aren't welcomed at City or even Big time football in general, irrelevant of the club.

Consider yourself in a good position to be able to continue paying the fee...Many Lifelong Blues just can't afford to go.

Enjoy the match :)

What? I'd also be prepared to protest against something/anything in my life I was unhappy with.
Doesn't mean I'm ungrateful, nor does it make the OP ungrateful either.

My issue is that I simply cannot afford to attend matches anymore.
Since 1947 Family members have attended city Matches and due to my financial situation sadly I can no longer afford the season ticket.
Yes, I could attend the odd one every season but it isn't the same, being in the same area of the ground as people you recognise, and feel comfortable with in supporting "your" team.
And factor that for a single ticket it's what, £75 or something?
Not bought a single ticket in a long time so wouldn't know.

And the less I go, the less attached to City :(

Like I said, keep your faith, you have the money, enjoy.

Seems of you are lower income, you aren't welcomed at City or even Big time football in general, irrelevant of the club.

Consider yourself in a good position to be able to continue paying the fee...Many Lifelong Blues just can't afford to go.

Enjoy the match :)

Are the £299 tickets still available?

Are the £299 tickets still available?
They are few and far between, and if you read my post you would've established that I'm in a area that I've been around for however many years now, I've forgotten first time I went there.
I'm other areas of the ground where the £299 seats are... It's third tier, and you have to remain seated.
From my experience of going up there for the odd game, it's been a quiet atmosphere and the view is like watching it on TV anyway.

The reason why I am where I am is due to family/friends, and of course the atmosphere.
Taking that away (as it's now too costly)
I might as well just pack it all in.

But I'm sure City won't be missing me, easily replaced by a dude with loads of disposable income.

I'm sure the remaining regulars will teach him the words to the sounds.

Taking that away (as it's now too costly)
I might as well just pack it all in.
Don't understand the increase or agree with it, it just seems a bad decision. But has the increase really meant you can't afford it now, seems to me you were looking for an excuse anyway.

My matchday ticket has increased by £0.79p per game
My lad's has increased by £0.26p per game.
On this basis iv'e just renewed accordingly.

Don't understand the increase or agree with it, it just seems a bad decision. But has the increase really meant you can't afford it now, seems to me you were looking for an excuse anyway.
Want me to show my bank account?

I'll pm you it right now if you don't believe me.

I've watched city, travelling over Europe and so on.

I love this club and it's important to me but food and shelter take precedent and right now I'm fucking skint.... That's my own issue, not City's... So I have to make cuts in my life.

I first supported city as I could jib over the turnstiles, after getting the orange coloured bus from MCR centre... Using the spare change I collected from picking up walking around market Street as a young little kid.

Went on to spending £3/4000py home and away, when I was an Adult.

There are many who can still afford it.
Respect to them, and I hope they will chant in my absence.

Modern game is sterile yes, but I still want to watch the team I've always supported.

Like I said, if I come into a load of disposable money in years to come, I might come back :)

Want me to show my bank account?

I'll pm you it right now if you don't believe me.

I've watched city, travelling over Europe and so on.

I love this club and it's important to me but food and shelter take precedent and right now I'm fucking skint.... That's my own issue, not City's... So I have to make cuts in my life.

I first supported city as I could jib over the turnstiles, after getting the orange coloured bus from MCR centre... Using the spare change I collected from picking up walking around market Street as a young little kid.

Went on to spending £3/4000py home and away, when I was an Adult.

There are many who can still afford it.
Respect to them, and I hope they will chant in my absence.

Modern game is sterile yes, but I still want to watch the team I've always supported.

Like I said, if I come into a load of disposable money in years to come, I might come back :)
Not doubting your circumstances, I cut back, and stopped going for a few years, back in the 90's when I had other priorities, no problem with any of that. But wouldn't you have been in the same position even with a freeze ?. That's what I was saying the increase of whatever it is for you of £20 or so isn''t the issue that prevents you going ,though the wisdom behind it, and your enjoyment, might have given you the push.

My matchday ticket has increased by £0.79p per game
My lad's has increased by £0.26p per game.
On this basis iv'e just renewed accordingly.

Mine has gone up 53p a match - my season ticket is now.... £20.53 per match (no concessions) - to watch David Silva? To watch Sergio? To watch Kevin? BARGAIN!

Saying that, there is no financial need for the club to put tickets up at all - given the recent highly published TV deal.

If anything - the TV money should be used to compensate match attending fans for all the schedule changes or stupid kickoff times - particularly away fans.

I am disappointed our club (and all other Prem League clubs) haven't used the TV deal to REDUCE ticket prices rather than just freezing them whilst there was bad press.

United fans are being quick to point out their club have frozen prices for 6 years, look where they were 6 years ago compared to now - the lessened quality that they are now watching is their price increase. Like Mars charging the same price for that smaller chocolate bar!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.