Would you go Red?

Tbf I think club colours are a far bigger issue in today's game and have been since the advent of televised football so it wouldn't go down very well. Then again there's a big difference between changing to completely different colours and changing the proportions and order of the blue, white and maroon around. Although I wouldn't be happy with either scenario.
Just read that Leeds changed their name from Leeds city to Leeds utd in 1920 can you imagine that ffs .
At least I've learnt something today :+)

Just read that Leeds changed their name from Leeds city to Leeds utd in 1920 can you imagine that ffs .
At least I've learnt something today :+)
That's not the way I would put it, Leeds City put their players registrations up for auction when they were strapped for cash and were permanently banned by the FA as punishment (think it broke some anti slavery laws lol). They had to reform as Leeds United to get around the ban.

That's not the way I would put it, Leeds City put their players registrations up for auction when they were strapped for cash and were permanently banned by the FA as punishment (think it broke some anti slavery laws lol). They had to reform as Leeds United to get around the ban.
Well never mind they wouldn't get away with that today

Could you imagine rangers playing in green and white or spurs playing in red just wouldn't happen I honestly BELIVE if we played in red home kits you wouldn't hear a manchester accent in the stadium it would be the end of our great club as we know it.

It really is a slow news day if this thread is here. OP give your haed a wobble. City are City!

I am still not sure what happened in this sponsorship saga . so these Japanese sponsors wanted us to put a red logo on our shirts , or for gods sake they wanted to change our shirt colour to red !! if latter was the case , why would a club with richest owners in the world change its home colours for 50 mil or something . i still doubt the authenticity of this story . I think they would have tried to put a red logo on our shirts .. They cant be a fool and assk us to change our shirts to red !!

Irrespective of the coloured away kits that fall away from traditional colurs for every club, each and every year, we're never ever gonna have a red home kit. It's not even worth debating. That's about as likely as asking would we still watch the team if the shape of the ball became oval. There has never been any speculation that our owners would ever want this, and for the foresseable future it's about as likely as there being a sudden clamour to paint our grass a different colour.

Don't own anything red and refuse to have a red company car, however I did as a kid own a city (Joe Corrigan) red goalkeeper shirt if anyone remembers it

on an interesting note , do all city fans hate red coz it belongs to united ? In my religion , red is a very pure colour . We asians consider red as pure and many holy rituals are corried out in red ..so honestly i dont hate red ..but ya city for me means blue ..and that will never change .. just out of curiosity , do al lcity fn hate red just bcoz united are red ? dont u have an affinity for red due to some other aspect of your life . same for united fans ..i wonder do they all hate blue coz of city..blue is worlds fav colour after all ..and sky blue depicts purity ..colour psycology n all . so would all united , pool fans hate sky blue coz it is city's shirt colour ! i am not sure .

on an interesting note , do all city fans hate red coz it belongs to united ? In my religion , red is a very pure colour . We asians consider red as pure and many holy rituals are corried out in red ..so honestly i dont hate red ..but ya city for me means blue ..and that will never change .. just out of curiosity , do al lcity fn hate red just bcoz united are red ? dont u have an affinity for red due to some other aspect of your life . same for united fans ..i wonder do they all hate blue coz of city..blue is worlds fav colour after all ..and sky blue depicts purity ..colour psycology n all . so would all united , pool fans hate sky blue coz it is city's shirt colour ! i am not sure .

Yes it's hated because of the rags playing in red

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.