Would you go Red?

You would have to have had a full lobotomy just to even think about it.

That's what 659 million vermin " fans " have undergone !

Even asking the question demonstrates all that is wrong with modern day football , sponsors that dont understand or care about supporters and any feelings they have !!
Sadly this sort of thing was inevitable the day names on shirts was allowed , and if i recall predicted by many !

The famous red and black strip which we wore when we won 3 major trophies (out of 8 at the time) ... wasn't that our designated "cup strip" for a time? There was certainly talk about giving it that status.

Memories fade but I seem to remember us playing in it at least once, at Maine Road, in a cup tie, when I was a kid. Can anybody clarify if I'm right or not? I'd be obliged as its starting to bug me!

I've no problem with red and black (actually it was black and red) or maroon as our away strip, in fact given our history of success wearing both (1956 Cup Final was maroon) then I'm in favour. I think maroon also relates to one of our predecessor clubs in Gorton so there's loads of club 'istory to both.

Home strips for me though should always be blue. Anything else, especially red, wouldn't feel right.

Yet I pull on a red Wales top without thinking about it. We have a red rose on our crest and historically wore red and black stripes in our change strips.

Do you resent having red blood?
To the point where even saying the word word removed has become somewhat of a life affecting issue that I've just had to learn to manage.

In the past, explaining that I could I wear no word removed clothing nor allow word removed meat or food to pass my lips could have been a challenge, so I adopted an alternative descriptor to make life more bearable and efficient for both myself and those with whom I choose to interact:

shart

Now people find it much easier to follow my meaning when for instance, I talk about the arrogant self-entitled attitude common to sharts, the frequently apalling behaviour of the dirty sharts who play for them or their fan-produced periodical, Shart Issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.