Yaya Toure apologises for accusing Guardiola of ‘having problems with Africans’

He played like a statue for his last season or two, leaving Fernandinho to do both of their work.

Yes he was involved in great moments and was brilliant for 3 or 4 years, but that's not enough for a statue as far as I'm concerned. If we went down that road we'd have about 50 statues going up in a few more years.

Fernandinho would be next on the list for me. A top performer for a longer period and not one hint of a problem.

At his peak in the top three as the best players we have had at City. Truly Amazing. I couldn’t give a fuck about birthday cake and all that shit.
who put the ball in the ******** net !

when that ball needed slamming in the net there was nobody better and i think even to date, one of the best players at scoring when there was just the keeper to beat. His penalties to, good old fashioned hit hard in the corner, two keepers wouldnt stop his pens.

who put the ball in the ******** net !

when that ball needed slamming in the net there was nobody better and i think even to date, one of the best players at scoring when there was just the keeper to beat. His penalties to, good old fashioned hit hard in the corner, two keepers wouldnt stop his pens.

What’s the censored bit?

One of my favourite ever City players. I remember the semi against utd in 2011 and I was in the third tier of Wembley behind the goal - it’s a piece of piss to see passes that high up and he was the main player seeing them down on the pitch.

Powerful as fuck, a shot of thunder on him, elegant passer, strong, quick and skilful too. Had it all. A proper legend and a massively good big game player.

The 13/14 season was a joke.

But then so was the 15/16 season for different reasons…

Amazing that this thread has arisen, like Lazarus.
For me, there may be only a few players and a few managers that deserve to be given a statue.

There has to be solid reasoning as to why and I would suggest service to the club and there has to be an account of a character in there.

As an example, Pep, Kompany, Bell, Aguero, Mercer, Silva and Tony Book and others such as Buzzer would be my automatic choices. (list is not inclusive)

Yaya? Yes he was great, for 4-5 years, but so have been many of our thousands of players and in 9 years he only made 230 appearances, and every 2-3 years him and his mental manager used to slag our club off mercilessly and then popped the cherry on with a Racist accusation of Pep, who rightly moved him on.

Great player at times - Yes, Great person - No, Showed City Love - No, Statue - No.

3-1 defeat for Yaya.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.