Yaya Toure apologises for accusing Guardiola of ‘having problems with Africans’

There's certain things in life you just don't get to walk away unscathed from with an apology. And I'd say accusing someone of racism in a very public and very premeditated manner is one of them. Particularly when you've chosen to let it fester for 3 years.

Bridges were irreparably burnt that day and he'll just have to deal with the consequences of that. One of them being that he won't ever be held in the same esteem as Kompany, Silva, Aguero, Zabaleta, Fernandinho...

Clearly wants a statue. Not getting one. Great player and no need for all his agents comments at all. Yaya has made mistakes. Thanks for the apology - accepted by many fans and he will always be remembered as an incredible player. I am not so sure about what Pep will think.
He’s got a mosaic and a pitch.
That’s quite sufficient given the shit he’s thrown about before and after leaving us.

No subscription required.

“I want to apologise for what happened, I want to apologise for doing something wrong,” Toure has said.

“When something happens that is wrong and you make a mistake, or people use your name and use you to do some wrong stuff, you have to make it OK,” Toure says. “This one was wrong. I want to apologise for what happened, I want to apologise for doing something wrong.

“We decided we would try to communicate with some important people at the club to apologise and say I’ve been indecent to the club.

One, why say it in the first place? It is utterly deplorable to falsely label someone anything, but a racist is probably one of the worst.

Two, why wait so long to retract this lie?

Toure, a fantastic player and immense for our club but he comes across as a not very nice man and that's putting it mildly.

It’s not at all.

He was the best player in the league and most influential performer in our team in the entire title winning seasons of 2011-12 and 2013-14. He turned up when needed for all of our biggest moments from West Ham away in October 2010 right through to the end of the 2014 season.

I quoted one game because that was the best, but you must have some warped sort of mind to forget all the rest he did.

And who gives a shit that he wouldn’t fit into today’s team? He’s not on our potential transfer list for this Summer!

Billy Meredith won one trophy for City and then took part in being a total weasel and getting himself banned for being a dodgy **** and a load of other City players banned by grassing them up thinking he’d get a lesser punishment, and then went to United with the others and won two league titles and an FA Cup while we didn’t recover for about twenty years... but Billy Meredith is still spoken of now as a legend!

Yaya Touré did more for this football club than Meredith did and less to bring disgrace to the club.
I've forgiven Bert Trautmann for saying that Stockport County could overtake City as Manchester's second club.

Yaya Toure - amazing but extremely frustrating player. In his prime, unstoppable going forward. Just bullied past defenders.

And yet - exasperatingly, obviously, lazy and petulant.

Further yet - time and again introduced unnecessary off-field drama via his agent - cake incident anyone?
===
Yaya - I'm (somewhat) glad that you played for us - but fuck off!

For an intelligent man his public persona was being more of a dick than Gazza and that takes some doing. Apologising at this stage is not going to do him much good, Pep is infinitely more of a man than he will ever be. Great player, absolute tosser of a bloke in real life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.