Yaya Toure signs new five year contract (merged)

Re: Yaya's agent says he is ready to quit...

If true it explains why he has not been as good as last year,it looks like he said a couple of times recently that he wanted to end his career here but maybe he thought on the same terms but the barca boys have a different idea,if its not as bad as the agent is saying and he wants to stay he has to put out a statement of his own this morning ,claifying things,he has always said he is very loved by us fans and he appreciates it so he cant let this fester
the not loved or respected by the staff except bobby,what the heck does that mean,the players?

2 week international break, no antics off Mario to fill the back pages..

Cue the Yaya and Aguero want to leave stories...

Yawn...

Doesn't his agent say stuff like this every time Yaya is out of the country. Yaya comes back and says its all ok.

Just part of the negotiation process IMO.

moomba said:
Doesn't his agent say stuff like this every time Yaya is out of the country. Yaya comes back and says its all ok.

Just part of the negotiation process IMO.

coupled with the s'hampon game and the no show at everton it looks pretty serious this time

I thought he was happy to stay for years to come?

I think it's just his agent wanting a deal sorting quick so that his missus can get some new shoes.

The cookie monster said:
So he's going in the summer even though he has 2 years left on his contract...
Players can buy out their contracts after three years if they are under 28 when the contract is signed or after two years if they are over 28. It's a very expensive contract for Yaya to buy out of. Of course, Yaya might be sure he can find an equivalent signing-on fee for another club. Personally though, I think is agent's brinksmanship. Very few footballers have bought out their contracts so it's very obvious they are reluctant to do it and isn't a threat that holds a lot of weight. Peter Odemwingie has threatened to do it on Twitter yesterday, now that fucker is crazy enough to do it. I don't think Yaya is.

Tell you what , fuck him and his agent. Why not call their bluff and cancel all contract offers and negotiations. All City fans are hurting at the moment and when an agent comes out with a load is shit like this is makes my blood boil. The agent and Yaya obviously have no respect for the club at all. No player is bigger than the City so it's time to look at the bigger picture.

This could only be true (the buying himself out of the contract) if there was a move to Russia on the cards, which would bring in to serious question his agent's claim about this not being about money.

£22 million for an underperforming 29 year old with two years left on his contract seems pretty good business to me.

It's almost certainly wind and piss anyway. If they intended to do it, then they'd just do it, not announce it to the British press two months before their surprise attack.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.