Yaya Toure signs new five year contract (merged)

Re: Yaya's agent says he is ready to quit...

BillyShears said:
FFS. Really does my head in this does. You realise we're champions right? Toure scored the winning goal in the FA Cup. Scored the crucial goal at Newcastle last season. It's pisstake how the future of one of our best players is being questioned halfway through the season. Absolute pisstake. United signed fucking Shinji Kagawa last summer. And you expect all our players to just deal with this and come out and play like champions again this season. Really am disgusted at the lack of respect and lack of support shown to someone who was INSTRUMENTAL in winning the league for us last season. Just disgusting. WE SHOULD REALLY JUST LEAVE THESE DISCUSSIONS UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON AND GET BEHIND THE TEAM. FFS.

His agent started all this, if he doesnt want us to talk about his future he should get an agent who can keep his mouth shut! This is a messageboard, people will talk about anything and everything city related!

karen7 said:
NipHolmes said:
LoveCity said:
Yaya is quoted as having spoken to "Sport-Ivoire" where he said (roughly):

"I'm not thinking of PSG. During this period of the season it's normal that there are rumours about players leaving. I'm a professional and have made no agreements with other clubs. I'm only thinking about finishing the season well with Manchester City. The future? At a club there are players and administrators, we are the soldiers and they tell us what to do. For me the important thing is to continue to have fun and entertain the fans."

No mention of his agent then and not exactly the "I want to stay at City forever and ever amen" stuff we heard not so long ago, but at least he hasn't confirmed our fears.

Keeping his options open and puuting the ball in our court.

whats with the we are soldiers and they tell us what to do ?
That strikes me as he is absolving himself of any responsibility,you are nearly 30 and have been around the block in football terms,take responsibility for your actions and comments.Also noted the lack of i want to stay here theme.Dont know what to make of this

It strikes you because that's what you believe and it's preconcieved by looks of previous posts.

Fact is our wage bill needs cutting and fact is we are looking to build a young, dynamic and talented team. We need everyone on board pulling in the same directions. Most importantly everyone has to understand that FFP is a measure we follow. Bullshit regulations or not, we are obviously adheering to them. Our summer spends show that we have it in mind (we didn't sell players hence we couldn'y buy).

Yaya is basically where RVP was last year, he has a plethora of clubs to choose to play for and he will get good wages. Ideally we keep him here but he's expensive to keep and unless he and his agent stand down then it's obvious he will be sold.

As for soldiers, well Mancini paints himself as a general and his players will be his soldiers and they go out to war. Looks like Mancini left the guns back at the base before we set off to Saint Marys and Goodison though.

I make up my own mind thanks! the mancini dig is on the wrong page<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:28 pm --<br /><br />
karen7 said:
I make up my own mind thanks! the mancini dig is on the wrong page

to repeat i want yaya to stay but dont like a player blackmailing the club

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has denied he has spoken to mega-rich Paris Saint-Germain about a summer transfer to the Parc des Prices, and says he will do all he can to achieve success at the Etihad Stadium this season.

Toure has been linked with a Manchester City exit after reports emerged of a contract wrangle between the representatives of the player and his employers, which has led to speculation of interest in his signature from Chelsea and Real Madrid.

Paris Saint-Germain has also been touted as a potential destination for the 29-year-old, with suggestions Toure is in advanced talks with the Ligue 1 leaders about a move at the end of the season.

The Ivory Coast international, however, has rejected these claims and has dismissed reports about his future as nothing more than paper talk, assuring Manchester City fans that he is committed to achieve this season's objectives with the club.

"No, I did not head to PSG," Toure told Sport-Ivoire. "You know that with the approach of the transfer window, there are many things that are said in the newspapers. 

"We are professional and so far I have not given any agreement with any club. I am for the moment a City player and I will fight so that we finished the season in good conditions."

The former Barcelona player added his future is down to Manchester City, and promised to continue 'entertaining' the club's supporters for however long he is at the club.

"In a club there are players and administrators," Toure continued. "We are like soldiers and we carry out what employers say."

"The most important thing for me is to continue to have fun and to entertain the public."

I am now desperate to see him leave. No player should dictate to a club. The top clubs never let this happen. Watch Nani get drummed out of Old trafford this Summer. Yes I will miss all his goals, His defensive energy, lung bursting runs, and never say die attitude, but if that is the cost so be it.

paulgmurphyhumphries said:
I am now desperate to see him leave. No player should dictate to a club. The top clubs never let this happen. Watch Nani get drummed out of Old trafford this Summer. Yes I will miss all his goals, His defensive energy, lung bursting runs, and never say die attitude, but if that is the cost so be it.

The rags let Keane, Ferdinand, and Rooney hold them to ransom.

karen7 said:

-- Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:28 pm --

karen7 said:

Not really blackmail is it?

You live in a house and the landlord says I want £750pm up from the £700pm you were previously paying. You say no I wont pay that, if you charge me that I'll leave.

In the above you're leaving because you don't agree with terms. Hardly blackmailing the landlord, you're merely letting them know that you're not prepared to stay on that basis.

Yaya saying he wants X amount is down to him, he gets offers from other clubs and he has a value. He is a key player here and rightfully is entitled to being paid what the other key players recieve. Silva, Kompany and Hart all got new contracts and he wants the same. If he doesn't get what he feels is appropriate then he's free to look for other suitors. As long as he gives his all in a City shirt then we have nothing to moan at him about. Hardly stole a libving like Bridge has he?

NipHolmes said:
karen7 said:

karen7 said:

Not reall blackmail is it?

You live in a house and the landlord says I want £750pm up from the £700pm you were previously paying. You say no I wont pay that, if you charge me that I'll leave.

In the above you're leaving because you don't agree with terms. Hardly blackmailing the landlord, you're merely letting them know that you're not prepared to stay on that basis.

Yaya saying he wants X amount is down to him, he gets offers from other clubs and he has a value. He is a key player here and rightfully is entitled to being paid what the other key players recieve. Silva, Kompany and Hart all got new contracts and he wants the same. If he doesn't get what he feels is appropriate then he's free to look for other suitors. As long as he gives his all in a City shirt then we have nothing to moan at him about. Hardly stole a libving like Bridge has he?

I wouldnt put an ad in the national paper telling my landlord i will be off in a few days unless he give me a new lease by the weekend!

karen7 said:
NipHolmes said:
karen7 said:

I wouldnt put an ad in the national paper telling my landlord i will be off in a few days unless he give me a new lease by the weekend!

But you've been haranguing everyone on the Mancini thread who's criticised him , calling them not proper supporters and talking about him deserving respect.

Wouldn't you say your criticism of Ya Ya Toure makes you a hypocrite?

Didsbury Dave said:
karen7 said:
NipHolmes said:

But you've been haranguing everyone on the Mancini thread who's criticised him , calling them not proper supporters and talking about him deserving respect.

Wouldn't you say your criticism of Ya Ya Toure makes you a hypocrite?

Picking and choosing now, same as with Nasri on here and same with Dzeko.<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:10 pm --<br /><br />
karen7 said:
NipHolmes said:
karen7 said:

So Yaya is at fault for the article then?

His agent is a crook just like Balo's is. They scare clubs into thinking client will force through move in the hoep they get the deal they put forward. Simple business.

That's why when you sell/rent an house you always say there are other keen interested parties to force a decision through and most likely for the face value or thereabouts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.