Yaya Toure

Carl_Man_City said:
I think some people are missing the point. Were nto blaming him for our poor attacking displaye were blaming him for his pathetic work rate

he played for barca, it doesn't come naturally to him, what you see is what you get, sorry, deal with it is all i can really say...

same reason people hated Elano and Robbie, and 2bh, if we'd had them today we might have had some fucking creativity and options in the final 3rd.

should have played tevez with silva behind him, and johnson on the right and milner on the left. to be fair he was the only one that made a foward pissing run but we shouldnt be playing 3 types of those players at home. he is supposed to be box to box midfielder but he hardley got back to our box. should be silva or milner behind tevez but even still forza mancini!

ElanJo said:
Mattyc55 said:
I really cant begin to understand how this guy was left on the pitch today. One of the most gutless, lazy performances ive ever seen from a City player in a Manchester Derby today.. strolling around like he was playing in La Liga, I must of counted over 10/15 times in the second half where he half heartedly laboured towards Carrick/Scholes when they were in possession. You compare him with how hard Barry, De Jong and the United three worked to stop the other team from getting any real time on the ball to play a telling pass, and it really does show just how fucking bad he was today, never mind continously running into blind alleys with the ball.

Absolutely fucking useless tonight, why oh why didnt Mancini just move Milner into the middle (our best player by the way), and take him off.

Credit to the defence and Barry/Nige, cant take anything away from how all of those played tonight.

lol Milner was cack (again)

This!!!

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Carl_Man_City said:
I think some people are missing the point. Were nto blaming him for our poor attacking displaye were blaming him for his pathetic work rate

he played for barca, it doesn't come naturally to him, what you see is what you get, sorry, deal with it is all i can really say...

same reason people hated Elano and Robbie, and 2bh, if we'd had them today we might have had some fucking creativity and options in the final 3rd.

have a look at how much ground some of there players cover e.g Xavi. Sorry but that excuse doesn't wash with me. He wasn't exactly going to create something outta nothing like Robinho or Elano could have possibly done.

The problem is mancini hired 2 defensive midfielders, instead of hiring an attacking midfielder like van der vaart or Gourcuff and we already had de jong and barry. And as we saw today if you play with 4 defensive midfielders in positions that are not natural to them they will not play well, example yaya toure.

I wouldn't call him lazy as he was one of the few that actually tried to make something happen tonight, he just looks completely out of shape. He needs to lose about 2 stone........and that's just off his fat arse !

Carl_Man_City said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

have a look at how much ground some of there players cover e.g Xavi. Sorry but that excuse doesn't wash with me. He wasn't exactly going to create something outta nothing like Robinho or Elano could have possibly done.

he had no support, put an absolute fucking shift in on sunday, made some good runs with fuck all support today, and had nobody to pass to or anything, the 2nd half was crap by them all, whenever they did get support they ran into each other. I don't think any of them really put a shift in today, I don't think United really stretched no matter how easy we tried to make it for them.

If he takes his 200 grand out his back pocket he might move a bit faster.

If he carries on playing like tonight he can fuck off, because that was a disgrace.

It's annoying because he was class at Barca. A bit like Milner, who was class at Villa and isn't as good now.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Carl_Man_City said:

Nonsense mate, Barca players work fucking hard, as soon as they lose the ball they are back trying to win it back. Maybe the fact working hard doesn't come naturally to him is one of the reasons Guardiola was happy to let him go.

ono said:
Mattyc55 said:
The movement was poor, but maybe you have to give credit to the United 3 who at times made it nigh on impossible for De Jong and Barry to play any sort of pass into feet. Maybe Yaya felt sorry for himself, coz that's what it looked like; but instead of ambling around the midfield, maybe just maybe he could of tried to do what united were doing to us and get his fucking body/foot in there. Awful.
The problem is, at Barca he was the deeper player, with Xavi and Iniesta immediately infront of him. Teams backed off and it allowed Alves and Maxwell forward. The gave Toure options to either side of him aswell as the excellent movement of Xavi and Iniesta.

Here he is the furthest forward of the 3. Zabaleta comes inside from the left and crowds the pitch. Boateng is still finding his feet. Barry and De Jong are behind him and only Tevez, Silva and Milner are in front of him.

All 3 have to take the ball with their back to goal. Milner's ball retention is remarkably bad. Silva and Tevez's is great, but when marshalled tightly, Silva struggles sometimes because of his size.

The team is missing Kolarov and Boateng. Then we can realistically challenge for a top 3 place. Then in the summer we will make the necessary changes to push on challenge for the title. I'd be amazed if Barry and Milner were integral parts of our team next year.

To be a fluid unit, there has to be intelligent off the ball movement, backed up with assured control. Neither Barry or Milner have that. Silva does, Balotelli does and Tevez does.

Finally finding a balance between conservative and gung-ho is very difficult. Johnson isn't good enough to start against somebody like Evra, and he would have left us exposed on occasion. Spurs are a perfect example of a gung-ho team. It's great when it works, not so great when you're losing at Bolton and at home to Wigan etc. They have an outlet in Crouch and they have two exciting wingers who lift the crowd. We have one exciting winger and a false 9 striker. We're a completely different team and we are set up to not concede.

Most successful teams are built on top of a solid base. We're in a transitional period where we are gradually becoming a better side. We will probably see the best out of this team towards the end of the campaign unfortunately. For now, we are doing fine. If we lost tonight we'd have been 6 behind United and 5 behind Arsenal, with them both to play away. United and Arsenal are both dropping points against weak teams and we're within touching distance of both teams after having the harder start. We'll be fine. We just have to be patient with the team, the players and the managers.

good post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.