Yaya Toure

Re: Yaya

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
What Pelle needs to do imo, is play 3 in the middle, hopefully Rodwell, Yaya and Fernandinho. Instruct the three of them that if one of the others is joining the forwards in attack then the others to should sit back and provide defensive cover. This is something we have been lacking since Pelle came. To easy to break against us.

I posted in another thread that i think our biggest problem is trying to learn how to play with Navas.

We need a powerful midfield three and we need Silva to have freedom. That means 1 striker to me and a midfield 3 as you say.

Fernadinho who i have to be honest has not impressed me so far will play and im sure will get better. Yaya is our heartbeat without doubt and i would love to see Jack given his head in a three, Navas and Silva allowed to wander and 1 up top as it then allows Yaya to be Yaya

Rascal said:
The Chief said:
I don't dispute his technical ability. His passing range and more recently his free kick ability, combined with his big-match temperament make him a very useful player. What jacks me off (and I guess a few others) is when he just allows opposing players to run past him, even in dangerous positions, without even bothering to break a sweat to stop them. Fair enough, def. midfield may not be his preferred spot but if that's the position he's allocated then he's got to perform as required. Far too carefree and soft at times too.

This is the sort of post that really pisses me off.

Do you really believe he lets people walk past him without trying? Do you really believe that from a man who is so proud and so respected.

Players go past players all the time and Yaya is no more guilty of it than anyone and if you think thats so im just amazed at what you think people can do.

When Yaya is rampaging through teams do you think the other teams forums make posts saying fuck me we didnt defend against the big soft **** and should have tackled him as he is a lazy useless ****

Perspective ffs

I've got plenty of perspective and just say what I see. As I say, it may be that the position isn't to his suiting but that doesn't excuse what I often see as lame attempts at tackles or half-hearted trots back if/when he concedes possession.

As for your last point, very valid, but that hasn't been the case for a long time with him. He's more suppressed now and so isn't contributing offensively as well as he could, thus his defensive shortcomings being evident.

Rascal said:
What Pelle needs to do imo, is play 3 in the middle, hopefully Rodwell, Yaya and Fernandinho. Instruct the three of them that if one of the others is joining the forwards in attack then the others to should sit back and provide defensive cover. This is something we have been lacking since Pelle came. To easy to break against us.

I posted in another thread that i think our biggest problem is trying to learn how to play with Navas.

We need a powerful midfield three and we need Silva to have freedom. That means 1 striker to me and a midfield 3 as you say.

Fernadinho who i have to be honest has not impressed me so far will play and im sure will get better. Yaya is our heartbeat without doubt and i would love to see Jack given his head in a three, Navas and Silva allowed to wander and 1 up top as it then allows Yaya to be Yaya

Yeah I agree with all of the above, and I would have Negredo up front leading the line. As I said in another thread:

"He has to start imo. He's our form forward. Not only does he score goals, but he is a great link man, showing a few deft touches and flicks through yesterday. We shouldn't give a fuck about the other egos getting dented, Negredo deserves to be there. He should be 3 in 3 sub appearances at this stage. If that stat doesn't make Pellegrini's mind up, i don't know what will!"

If we had that line up, with Kompany making a return to the defense, I would be a happy man.

Rascal said:

I have posted similar. Taking a midfielder out and sticking him on the touchline really hurts players like Silva who are looking for little give and goes with midfielders who aren't there any more.

Playing narrow with Silva, or wide with Navas. Not clear we can do both

The man mountain is a legend, but when he's off his game he's a liability, his passing and movement slows us down.
So so many people are quick enough to jump down hart's throate or dzeko's or milners etc but not the other more fashionable players (can't think of a better way of putting it after drinking Stella), it's like a school yard popularity contest or something.
Support the team not the individual

twoddlehopper said:
The man mountain is a legend, but when he's off his game he's a liability, his passing and movement slows us down.
So so many people are quick enough to jump down hart's throate or dzeko's or milners etc but not the other more fashionable players (can't think of a better way of putting it after drinking Stella), it's like a school yard popularity contest or something.
Support the team not the individual

That's partly my point, he is gifted and for what he's contributed in the big games he'll be remembered as a legend, but too many people seem to gloss it over if he has a bad day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.