Yaya Toure

Re: Yaya

HellasLEAF said:
Think Fern with Yaya is the problem. Drop Fern for Barry or even Milner.

agree with this , yaya and fernandinho dont look a good combination , would prefer milner in the middle , would also consider moving zabs into defensive midfield when richards is fit .

yatesy94 said:
Does seem to lack the desire when the cards are down.

Its this that does my head in.

How does he lack the desire, its a nonsense ffs

Whn the cards were down at Newcastle away did he lack desire? No he gave everything and won us the game.

He is simply the best best player we have had since Colin Bell and if you knobs think because he looks lazy he is lazy yo are fucking deluded

Im seriously worried that the clueless boo boys will boo him out of the club

Rascal said:
I have read lots of late on here that disturbs me.

Yaya is lazy, he doesnt try, he needs dropping, he is rubbish blah blah fucking blah. I actually wonder what planet these people are on.

Yaya has a gait that is languid and suggests he looks tired and unfit, but he is one of the most proud and most respected footballers we have ever had play for us. He gives his all and is a proper team player. He dictates our play and is fucking brilliant at doing it.

He is also the only player in our squad apart from Vinny who would definitly start at any other club in the Prem.

Leave Yaya alone FFS

Yaya needs a kick in the arse if you ask me. Not kniocking the guy's ability, he is world class, but too often he just can't be arsed. It's as if he is Mr. Untouchable, never gets subbed, never gets dropped, always starts... no matter how shit his performances are.

Rascal said:
I have read lots of late on here that disturbs me.

Yaya is lazy, he doesnt try, he needs dropping, he is rubbish blah blah fucking blah. I actually wonder what planet these people are on.

Yaya has a gait that is languid and suggests he looks tired and unfit, but he is one of the most proud and most respected footballers we have ever had play for us. He gives his all and is a proper team player. He dictates our play and is fucking brilliant at doing it.

He is also the only player in our squad apart from Vinny who would definitly start at any other club in the Prem.

Leave Yaya alone FFS
Spot on. Lately on BM posters have been trying to jump on his back trying to find a scapegoat to blame.

Rascal said:
Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
What Pelle needs to do imo, is play 3 in the middle, hopefully Rodwell, Yaya and Fernandinho. Instruct the three of them that if one of the others is joining the forwards in attack then the others to should sit back and provide defensive cover. This is something we have been lacking since Pelle came. To easy to break against us.

I posted in another thread that i think our biggest problem is trying to learn how to play with Navas.

We need a powerful midfield three and we need Silva to have freedom. That means 1 striker to me and a midfield 3 as you say.

Fernadinho who i have to be honest has not impressed me so far will play and im sure will get better. Yaya is our heartbeat without doubt and i would love to see Jack given his head in a three, Navas and Silva allowed to wander and 1 up top as it then allows Yaya to be Yaya

Surprised you're not advocating the selection of Garcia in your midfield 3......

Collect from defender, play it out wide, repeat.
Doesn't attempt to go forward and IMO offers less than other players would if given the chance.

Booooooooooooooo.

Mrmcfc said:
Collect from defender, play it out wide, repeat.
Doesn't attempt to go forward and IMO offers less than other players would if given the chance.

Booooooooooooooo.
he's instructed to play in this position

As great as Yaya has been for this club, and he has been fucking great! There has never been a time when he didn't have his detractors. There are just some supporters who don't think you are giving your all if you are not flying into tackles, clanking into opponents and throwing yourself about. And to be fair, there is some value to that. But for my money, I'd take the big game player, who won the FA cup Semi's and FInals. The guy who bossed Madrid in Madrid when everyone else shriveled up. The guy who every other team in the prem wants (regardless of who they have in their midfield). Just read the opposition view, and see how many times the fans choose Yaya as the City player they wouldn't mind having.

Does he have faults? Sure. Every player does. Let me go across our squad, Yaya is lazy, Kompany gives a few too many fouls away. Zaba is lost against Speedy wingers, Lescott has 2 right feet (albeit he is a lefty), Hart (even when he was at his athletic best) was shite at punts and clear outs, Silva cut back passes often don't work, Clichy can't cross for shit, Milner is often headless, So too is Navas sometimes. Nasri parambulates, Barry runs into anything not in Blue, Garcia is Garcia, Micah's positioning is painful to watch, Dzeko falls over and controls the ball like a post, Kun is not clinical, same goes for Alvaro, Roddy is tentative and always injured, Dihno's passes are inconsistent, and he fouls too much. And if we give Jovetic enough playing time, I promise I'd get you what's wrong with him too.

Point being, everybody has something they don't do well. All I know is that I have seen City in 2 straight years without Yaya, and by God, it is not a sight I want to see a lot. Or at all.

Yaya doesn't get subbed because he is that much better than anyone else we have.

Time for folks to get that!

Rascal said:
He gives his all and is a proper team player.

A truly laughable comment. Watch the Hull game back and watch if Yaya makes any effort to track back with purpose. At most he sprinted back to defend once and the rest of the time jogged back without a care in the world, part of the reason why at times we looked so overrun by a team so far behind us in terms of quality.

In fact, watch just about any of our games against any 'non big team' opponent an see if Yaya makes any considerable effort to track back at any point. Devastating when he wants to be, but a big game player if ever there was one. Hope Pelle sees this better than Mancini ever did.

daxman said:
As great as Yaya has been for this club, and he has been fucking great! There has never been a time when he didn't have his detractors. There are just some supporters who don't think you are giving your all if you are not flying into tackles, clanking into opponents and throwing yourself about. And to be fair, there is some value to that. But for my money, I'd take the big game player, who won the FA cup Semi's and FInals. The guy who bossed Madrid in Madrid when everyone else shriveled up. The guy who every other team in the prem wants (regardless of who they have in their midfield). Just read the opposition view, and see how many times the fans choose Yaya as the City player they wouldn't mind having.

Does he have faults? Sure. Every player does. Let me go across our squad, Yaya is lazy, Kompany gives a few too many fouls away. Zaba is lost against Speedy wingers, Lescott has 2 right feet (albeit he is a lefty), Hart (even when he was at his athletic best) was shite at punts and clear outs, Silva cut back passes often don't work, Clichy can't cross for shit, Milner is often headless, So too is Navas sometimes. Nasri parambulates, Barry runs into anything not in Blue, Garcia is Garcia, Micah's positioning is painful to watch, Dzeko falls over and controls the ball like a post, Kun is not clinical, same goes for Alvaro, Roddy is tentative and always injured, Dihno's passes are inconsistent, and he fouls too much. And if we give Jovetic enough playing time, I promise I'd get you what's wrong with him too.

Point being, everybody has something they don't do well. All I know is that I have seen City in 2 straight years without Yaya, and by God, it is not a sight I want to see a lot. Or at all.

Yaya doesn't get subbed because he is that much better than anyone else we have.

Time for folks to get that!

great fucking post, amen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.