Yaya Toure

is everyone forgeting yaya has one of the worst recovery rate for a professional footballer ever. if he "bombs" forward he is physically spent and it takes an age to get back into position if we lose the ball. he plays to his strength which is is slow play down by short passing which is why he has a high pass completion rate. playing further forward would require him to move more without the ball, which wouldnt work as well. he is a central midfielder not a defensive mid or attacking mid, leave him in the middle and let him do what he does best. unfortunately he doesnt seem to be controlling play at the moment (huddlestone controlled the game), but then neither does silva going forward, or sergio from attack, all three issues need sorting before we can get back on track

Imo, he can't continue to play in a midfield two in the role he has if we are going to play this 442 formation Pelle seems to like. He just cannot close down players quick enough, we have seen in numerous games where teams have quick agile midfields they just waltz past him as he isn't mobile enough. He needs someone else to close down for him, one player doesn't seem to be enough currently. Maybe a shift to 433 or 4231 would allow Ferd + another to do the closing down and leave Yaya free as playmaker, similar to how Juvi play with Pirlo sitting deep and Marchisio / Vidal doing the work.

He is an amazing hub in the middle of the pitch, passing the ball around and dictating tempo, nobody can get the ball of him due to his strength but his low mobility is a problem if we intend to play a quick high pressing game.

Uptopbob said:
Imo, he can't continue to play in a midfield two in the role he has if we are going to play this 442 formation Pelle seems to like. He just cannot close down players quick enough, we have seen in numerous games where teams have quick agile midfields they just waltz past him as he isn't mobile enough. He needs someone else to close down for him, one player doesn't seem to be enough currently. Maybe a shift to 433 or 4231 would allow Ferd + another to do the closing down and leave Yaya free as playmaker, similar to how Juvi play with Pirlo sitting deep and Marchisio / Vidal doing the work.

He is an amazing hub in the middle of the pitch, passing the ball around and dictating tempo, nobody can get the ball of him due to his strength but his low mobility is a problem if we intend to play a quick high pressing game.

The problem is though, with Yaya that tempo is always slow!

The problem is though, with Yaya that tempo is always slow!
True, but from what we have seen of him in a more free roam position breaking forward he was much more effective, games vs Chelsea / Newcastle come to mind. Problem is he would be taking a position Silva/Nasri/Jovetic all like to play. We also don't really have another CM that can control a game to replace him in the middle (Fernandinho might be able to?).

I would like to see us try out a different midfield configuration to try get the best out of him, as he is arguably our most complete player but is under performing currently (besides his freekicks!)

Whilst I think about it, I am staggered at Yaya's freekicks, unless they happen to be complete flukes, which would seem unlikely.

His shooting from distance is normally horrific. When he stepped up to take the kick at Newcastle I thought WTF is going on, are we mad???

Chippy_boy said:
Whilst I think about it, I am staggered at Yaya's freekicks, unless they happen to be complete flukes, which would seem unlikely.

His shooting from distance is normally horrific. When he stepped up to take the kick at Newcastle I thought WTF is going on, are we mad???
When he stepped up to take the one against Newcastle I turned to my lad and said fuck me row z...my lad said to me he has scored a few free kicks when playing for the Ivory Coast he isn't to bad....he then proved he aint that bad after all against Hull so carry on for me Yaya, but I know exactly where you were coming from

I really hope we are looking for his replacement,next season?

Captain material no way! Before Zabba ?

Looks like he's been told to play deep and allow fernandinho to roam. They both look like they have no idea what to do. Definitely.not enough movement off the ball... Toure should be playing in their half.

I would imagine the manager will change this at some point as it is obvious to all that Yaya is been wasted in his current position...

The simple answer is for Yaya and Fern to change positions so that Yaya is further up the pitch...

This deeper position will also allow Fern to adjust to the demands of the Prem more easily..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.