Yaya Toure

I think our midfield has looked rather weak these three games and would gladly see Yaya start on the bench for Stoke (that will never happen I know).
We have both Milner and Rodwell, who ended last season looking really sharp, whom both would add a considerable amount of work rate and frenzy to the middle of the pitch.

yayas trusty right foot said:
I would imagine the manager will change this at some point as it is obvious to all that Yaya is been wasted in his current position...

The simple answer is for Yaya and Fern to change positions so that Yaya is further up the pitch...

This deeper position will also allow Fern to adjust to the demands of the Prem more easily..

I think the difficulty with that is that it confines Fernandhino to a very defensive role, since Yaya isn't great at getting back and covering any runs he might make.

If its going to work I don't think you can have one always playing forward of the other. They need to share the defensive and attacking duties. But for them to be effective there has to be an acceptance that there will be times when they will leave us exposed at the back.

cibaman said:
I would imagine the manager will change this at some point as it is obvious to all that Yaya is been wasted in his current position...

The simple answer is for Yaya and Fern to change positions so that Yaya is further up the pitch...

This deeper position will also allow Fern to adjust to the demands of the Prem more easily..

I think the difficulty with that is that it confines Fernandhino to a very defensive role, since Yaya isn't great at getting back and covering any runs he might make.

If its going to work I don't think you can have one always playing forward of the other. They need to share the defensive and attacking duties. But for them to be effective there has to be an acceptance that there will be times when they will leave us exposed at the back.

The thing is if we play a high line there isn't really a lot of space in front of the back four to protect and if the other players are pressing properly and hunting the ball down then I don't see why , if they are communicating properly one can't stay and one go forward

blueparrot said:
cibaman said:

The thing is if we play a high line there isn't really a lot of space in front of the back four to protect and if the other players are pressing properly and hunting the ball down then I don't see why , if they are communicating properly one can't stay and one go forward
I take the point about the high line. I notice when Vinny was playing that he pushed up quickly to dispossess the opposition.

The thing is I think Pellegrini needs to reassess the efficiency of the Yaya/Fernandinho combination. One of the reasons for the problem is that Yaya doesn't seem to have the energy to get up and down the pitch. The opposition attackers seem to glide past him.

I would like to see Milner or Rodwell with Fernandinho. At least they have big engines and can run all day, unlike Yaya.

We seem to be trying to fit the structure around Yaya, rather than the other way around.

jollylescott said:
blueparrot said:
cibaman said:

I take the point about the high line. I notice when Vinny was playing that he pushed up quickly to dispossess the opposition.

The thing is I think Pellegrini needs to reassess the efficiency of the Yaya/Fernandinho combination. One of the reasons for the problem is that Yaya doesn't seem to have the energy to get up and down the pitch. The opposition attackers seem to glide past him.

I would like to see Milner or Rodwell with Fernandinho. At least they have big engines and can run all day, unlike Yaya.

We seem to be trying to fit the structure around Yaya, rather than the other way around.

I say at the start of the season, this season will be the one we change our structure around YaYa. he can't defend. we need to have Rodwell or Milner on with Fernandinho. also Fernandinho and YaYa is not very good combination due to the fact that YaYa won't cover the space when Fernandinho is pushing high up. see the first half of hull's game. I hope it won't be too late for the management to realize that YaYa is a big problem for us now especially when VC is not playing.

Finger crossed. and I believe Manu will do the right thing

I said this somewhere else but I genuinely believe rotating Yaya and Fernandinho next to Rodwell, Milner or Garcia depending on the opposition is the best way to go about it.

My ideal team

Rodwell/Garcia fernandinho/Yaya
Milner (navas late sub) Silva/Nasri Jovetic
Aguero/Negredo/Dzeko

Matt the Giant said:
We have both Milner and Rodwell, who ended last season looking really sharp, whom both would add a considerable amount of work rate and frenzy to the middle of the pitch.

Yeah work rate and frenzy is always a substitute for world class.

Jaime Pollock had your work rate and frenzy in abundance, where did that get us?

As for the Captaincy issue just watch tunnel cam, Yaya is consistenly vocal in the tunnel, he is the one who stands next to Vinny and gets the boys going even when not wearing the armband. For further proof look at when Zabs and Micah have been Capt too on tunnel cam. All our players respect Yaya hugely and he is a leader of our team whether our fans like it or not.

And as for the clown who came out with he gives a lazy example....What the fuck is a lazy example?

Rascal said:
Matt the Giant said:

Jaime Pollock had your work rate and frenzy in abundance, where did that get us?

As for the Captaincy issue just watch tunnel cam, Yaya is consistenly vocal in the tunnel, he is the one who stands next to Vinny and gets the boys going even when not wearing the armband. For further proof look at when Zabs and Micah have been Capt too on tunnel cam. All our players respect Yaya hugely and he is a leader of our team whether our fans like it or not.

And as for the clown who came out with he gives a lazy example....What the fuck is a lazy example?
effortless superiority is of little avail if you are regularly in the wrong half of the pitch

George Hannah said:
Rascal said:
Matt the Giant said:

effortless superiority is of little avail if you are continually in the wrong half of the pitch

And you are privy to how he is told to play i take it?

Im sure if BM had been around in the late 60s/early 70s even Colin Bell would have been slagged to fuck too. Doyle wouldntt as he was hard like Zabba so he would have been untouchable despite not being that good.

Uptopbob said:
Imo, he can't continue to play in a midfield two in the role he has if we are going to play this 442 formation Pelle seems to like. He just cannot close down players quick enough, we have seen in numerous games where teams have quick agile midfields they just waltz past him as he isn't mobile enough. He needs someone else to close down for him, one player doesn't seem to be enough currently. Maybe a shift to 433 or 4231 would allow Ferd + another to do the closing down and leave Yaya free as playmaker, similar to how Juvi play with Pirlo sitting deep and Marchisio / Vidal doing the work.

He is an amazing hub in the middle of the pitch, passing the ball around and dictating tempo, nobody can get the ball of him due to his strength but his low mobility is a problem if we intend to play a quick high pressing game.

Agree completely with this, I think we need to play 433 with Fred and either Rodwell or jimmy grimble alongside yaya to free him up as he is just a liability in a two man midfield.

He hasn't got the mobility or energy to play a high tempo pressing game, if we play to his strengths he is the best midfielder in the prem, unstoppable on his day. I would like to see him playing behind a front three of aguero, navas and silva, with negredo, jovetic and nasri rotating in when loss of form / injuries occur.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.