Yaya Toure

Rascal said:
George Hannah said:
Rascal said:
Yeah work rate and frenzy is always a substitute for world class.

Jaime Pollock had your work rate and frenzy in abundance, where did that get us?

As for the Captaincy issue just watch tunnel cam, Yaya is consistenly vocal in the tunnel, he is the one who stands next to Vinny and gets the boys going even when not wearing the armband. For further proof look at when Zabs and Micah have been Capt too on tunnel cam. All our players respect Yaya hugely and he is a leader of our team whether our fans like it or not.

And as for the clown who came out with he gives a lazy example....What the fuck is a lazy example?
effortless superiority is of little avail if you are continually in the wrong half of the pitch

And you are privy to how he is told to play i take it?

Im sure if BM had been around in the late 60s/early 70s even Colin Bell would have been slagged to fuck too. Doyle wouldntt as he was hard like Zabba so he would have been untouchable despite not being that good.

I don't think you'll find many who actually watched King Colin would call him a lazy player, I'm assuming you did and that makes your
comparison with Yaya a very strange one indeed.

Tell you what, after the past few weeks of half the forum declaring Yaya and Fernandinho the best midfield in the league, this topic is bloody funny.

He is regularly 2 yards in front of the centre half picking the ball up and playing a 5 yard pass. I would like to see him a lot further up the pitch

George Hannah said:
I don't think you'll find many who actually watched King Colin would call him a lazy player, I'm assuming you did and that makes your

The King was my hero and yes i watched him

But i dont buy this Yaya is lazy shit either. Its a fucking nonsense, he touches the ball more than any other of our players and is virtually always available. If he is lazy how does that happen???

Yes he gets caught out upfield somettimes but so did Bell and thats wen teammates cover for you surely. Not even the King could run up and down for 90 minutes non stop.

This nonsense about Yaya being lazy is just fucking wrong and the more i hear it more annoyed i become. We have one of the worlds great players and we slag him off for not beingg superman. And we have clowns wanting frenzy in midfield rather comsumate class

Give me a break, he is our best and most important player and if you cant see that i just wonder what the fuck any of you are doing watching football

Matt the Giant said:
I think our midfield has looked rather weak these three games and would gladly see Yaya start on the bench for Stoke (that will never happen I know).
We have both Milner and Rodwell, who ended last season looking really sharp, whom both would add a considerable amount of work rate and frenzy to the middle of the pitch.

YaYa has to play but not as a defensive mid. He is feared by defenders when he is playing in an advanced role.

oldhamblue said:
He is regularly 2 yards in front of the centre half picking the ball up and playing a 5 yard pass. I would like to see him a lot further up the pitch

I agree with this. If any midfielder should be doing that its Ferdy. I personally think they are playing the opposite way round. And they have the ability to interchange of course. However when Yaya goes bursting forward he takes an age to get back. Can't see Ferdy doing that. Yaya clearly posing more attacking threat.

Rascal said:
George Hannah said:

But i dont buy this Yaya is lazy shit either. Its a fucking nonsense, he touches the ball more than any other of our players and is virtually always available. If he is lazy how does that happen???

Yes he gets caught out upfield somettimes but so did Bell and thats wen teammates cover for you surely. Not even the King could run up and down for 90 minutes non stop.

This nonsense about Yaya being lazy is just fucking wrong and the more i hear it more annoyed i become. We have one of the worlds great players and we slag him off for not beingg superman. And we have clowns wanting frenzy in midfield rather comsumate class

Give me a break, he is our best and most important player and if you cant see that i just wonder what the fuck any of you are doing watching football

Think the problem is the team is just not set up to suit his style of play at the moment, get another mobile midfielder in there and everyone would be talking about his steam train runs instead of his ambles back from the half way line

oldhamblue said:

I think one of the issues is that teams in general are presssing higher up the pitch - currently whilst Jolean has some fine attributes slick quick deft passiing to bypass such opposition tactics are not oneof his strengths which means the better players like Yaya bring the ball out of defence.

Barry was also very good and allowed Yaya to push up a little more certainly Barry did more of the grunt work

We need Kompany back

Rascal said:
George Hannah said:

class over frenzy anytime leave frenzy for the lower teams

dctid said:
oldhamblue said:

I think one of the issues is that teams in general are presssing higher up the pitch - currently whilst Jolean has some fine attributes slick quick deft passiing to bypass such opposition tactics are not oneof his strengths which means the better players like Yaya bring the ball out of defence.

Barry was also very good and allowed Yaya to push up a little more certainly Barry did more of the grunt work

We need Kompany back

Not sure the return of Komps would solve anything, people are slagging Lescott off a lot at the moment, he may not be the best passer of the ball, but defensively he is still solid (England international) at the moment the defense just doesn't have any protection, one or two slick passes and it's the opositions one v one, obviously the Cardiff game was more down to individual errors mainly from zabs, maybe the switch from zonal to man marking isn't helping either.

Think Pellers needs to re look at things or get the new systems working pretty quickly, if we don't improve for the derby we will all be in for a shock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.