Yaya Toure

Matt the Giant said:
I think our midfield has looked rather weak these three games and would gladly see Yaya start on the bench for Stoke (that will never happen I know).
We have both Milner and Rodwell, who ended last season looking really sharp, whom both would add a considerable amount of work rate and frenzy to the middle of the pitch.
Milner and Rodwell over yaya what are u on

sk3ptical said:
Matt the Giant said:
I think our midfield has looked rather weak these three games and would gladly see Yaya start on the bench for Stoke (that will never happen I know).
We have both Milner and Rodwell, who ended last season looking really sharp, whom both would add a considerable amount of work rate and frenzy to the middle of the pitch.
Milner and Rodwell over yaya what are u on

It's something called rationality.
And I'm not saying it's a permanent change, just for one game to begin with, to see how that would change the constitution of our midfield.

avoidconfusion said:
Honestly, what does this guy have to do to get subbed? For months he has played like a lazy sack of shit, yet he ALWAYS starts and always plays the full 90 minutes.

I wish Pellegrini had had the balls to take him off today instead of Fernandinho who was at least working hard.

Our record when yaya is out of the team isn't brilliant so enough said really.

If you look, almost every other pass goes to him and he almost never gives the ball away. Xavi is exactly the same. What makes them world class is that you hardly notice the essential contribution that these players make to the team. They can then pull out a moment of genius like yayas runs or his free kicks too.

Also I remember that people were moaning at the game about doing little ticky tacky passes at the back and in the midfield. Well get used to that because that's the way we will play under mp. Yaya was having to play very deep though but this was because hull pressed us very well and lescott isn't good enough with his feet.

Finally yaya is far from lazy it is just the way he carries his body (as he is so big) and he is a natural sprinter so has to conserve his energy a lot.

harrogateblue said:
Oh yeah, he is excellent at "conserving his energy a lot". World class.

Whatever mate. Out of my entire post that's what you pick up on. Makes me laugh how so many fans just don't understand football. It's no coincidence that Mancini, pellegrini and guardiola are all fans of yaya. But of course we all know better than them

Rodenberger10 said:
Our record when yaya is out of the team isn't brilliant so enough said really.

Genuine questions;
1) Haven't we performed rather well without him when he has been away to the afcon?
2) Didn't Guardiola okay the sale of Yaya at Barcelona?

Seriously some of the hate on here is ridiculous.

The fact of the matter is that Yaya would be the first name on ANY Premier League teamsheet. Here's a list of central midfielders from the 'biggest' clubs in this country and tell me if you'd swap Yaya for any of them:

Carrick
Cleverley
Anderson
Giggs
Ramires
Mikel
Essien
Arteta
Rosicky
Wilshere
Sandro
Paulinho
Capoue
Tiote
Cabaye
Lucas
Allen
Gerrard

jimbopm said:

The fact of the matter is that Yaya would be the first name on ANY Premier League teamsheet. Here's a list of central midfielders from the 'biggest' clubs in this country and tell me if you'd swap Yaya for any of them:

Carrick
Cleverley
Anderson
Giggs
Ramires
Mikel
Essien
Arteta
Rosicky
Wilshere
Sandro
Paulinho
Capoue
Tiote
Cabaye
Lucas
Allen
Gerrard

Ozil is missing!

ox-blue said:
jimbopm said:

Carrick
Cleverley
Anderson
Giggs
Ramires
Mikel
Essien
Arteta
Rosicky
Wilshere
Sandro
Paulinho
Capoue
Tiote
Cabaye
Lucas
Allen
Gerrard

Ozil is missing!

For me Ozil is a purely attack minded midfielder, I don't think he could sit and hold, which is why I don't think it would be fair to put him on the list. I would swap Ozil for Nasri however!

My main point on the Yaya issue is that if he plays in Europe against the big teams, they will run all over him, past him and beyond him. This has happened in all the big European games and will do so again. I do not hate him, can recognize his strengths, it just does not work against the top teams. He is not lazy, just a slow turning lump. He cannot tackle, but neither, could Barry. Guardiola knew he was not top midfield material and so do I. As a number 10 of the Neil young type he is fine.

Players at McFc need to be judged against Bayern, Dortmund, Madrid etc, Not against Hull and Cardiff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.