Yaya Toure

Very poor from Yaya today. I wouldn't allow him to be a captain again, no responsibility and did his best to get sent off. Glad he got subbed.

Plays well against the best. Can't be arsed against the also rans.
So one has to ask: "Why do City managers keep making the mistake of playing him in a DM role against the also rans?"

Been saying he's a shit captain since Southampton away last year. We always play shit when he's captain. Says all the right things off the field to be vice-captain but doesn't do the job of a captain on the field.

Had too laugh,no disrespect to joleon but he played out the game with the captains armband on,YCMIU.

mannycity said:
Had too laugh,no disrespect to joleon but he played out the game with the captains armband on,YCMIU.

And did a better job than Yaya!
We were decent in the 2nd half (after the subs)

The first half team set up was just wrong yesterday, and imo Yaya conributed to that. Within minutes of KO, we had Yaya and Garcia sat in front of the back four, Jesus pushed out to the right, Samir to the left, with Kun and Alvaro up front, and hey presto! a fucking huge hole in the middle!

When I heard the team sheet, I assumed Yaya would be the lynchpin the middle, but as he tends to do, he went too deep and made it easy for Wigan to bully us.

The game changed when he went off, with Jimmy, and particulary David, taking proper forward central midfield roles, connecting things together, and causing Wigan to change their shape and drop deeper to defend their lead.

Too late tho, the damage was done.

I am going to stick my head above the parapet here and say that I have never been able to understand the Ya Ya 'love in'. To my mind he is a good, possibly great player, but he is a player who plays when he wants. Against the big teams he plays well, but put him against a 'poorer' team and he switches off. Yesterday he was terrible and he never, ever should be chosen as Captain. To be a great player you have to play to your full strength each match not just the ones you choose.

Yes he does put in a good goal now and again but his work rate is not as good as a lot of the other team players and there are times when he just lopes around in the middle doing nothing. Sorry but he needs to give 100% in every match not 90% when he feels like it and 50% when he doesn't.

Just MHO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.