Yaya Toure

jake28 said:
Legs going and nowhere near the power house he was 2 years ago,despite a decent goal tally this season.Sad but true.

Great exaggeration to make a clearly ridiculous point. I remember when he joined and some on here had decided he was passed it and only going through the motions for the money.
Can't believe the crap he gets on here - still is one of the best players to ever wear the shirt !

Yaya is a big game player. Problem is he doesn't always get up for the non big clubs. I think in these type of games he's more effective playing as the #10 in a 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1. Taking away the defensive responsibilities and focusing him on just going forward and running the game. I think we made a real mistake not signing Fernando when we had the chance. Trying to win the league and FA Cup with only 2 CM's is a real mistake.

Didn't want to start a new thread on Ya Ya so i thought i'd resurrect this one from last season...

I think he's had a rough start to the season, he looks a bit sluggish. whilst keeping possession well enough, none of it has been particularly dangerous possession. If there are any fitness worries, that would be disappointing, given the stage of the season.

Anyway, i think Ya Ya go selfish today. When losing at home to Stoke around the 60 min mark, you need your big boys to stand up and say 'f**k this, we're not losing this one'. Ya Ya is not the only one to blame, but there was no urgency or tempo. And from 80 mins, he tried roughly 5 ridiculously difficult eye-of-the-needle passes, none of which came off, when i think he should have been concentrating on getting attacks moving and playing in simple balls.

he, and plenty others, need to realise the season has started. poor tempo!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.