Yaya Toure

Had an off game but thought he was always available and wanted the ball. Tried his best but threading a pass through a block of 6 and while getting past a midfeld of 4 was always going to be difficult.

shemnel said:
Didn't want to start a new thread on Ya Ya so i thought i'd resurrect this one from last season...

I think he's had a rough start to the season, he looks a bit sluggish. whilst keeping possession well enough, none of it has been particularly dangerous possession. If there are any fitness worries, that would be disappointing, given the stage of the season.

Anyway, i think Ya Ya go selfish today. When losing at home to Stoke around the 60 min mark, you need your big boys to stand up and say 'f**k this, we're not losing this one'. Ya Ya is not the only one to blame, but there was no urgency or tempo. And from 80 mins, he tried roughly 5 ridiculously difficult eye-of-the-needle passes, none of which came off, when i think he should have been concentrating on getting attacks moving and playing in simple balls.

he, and plenty others, need to realise the season has started. poor tempo!
All had too much cake...

citymad said:
Had an off game but thought he was always available and wanted the ball. Tried his best but threading a pass through a block of 6 and while getting past a midfeld of 4 was always going to be difficult.

I think most of Yaya's detractors either don't watch the game, or just hate the guy. He had pretty decent game. Can't believe people are using the words "sluggish" or "lazy" to describe him. He covers the most ground of any player on the pitch. They don't understand how much fitness this takes. He is always making himself available for the pass. The opposition knows this, and often the striker tries to man mark him, but he still moves to get free.

jpargo said:
citymad said:

I think most of Yaya's detractors either don't watch the game, or just hate the guy. He had pretty decent game. Can't believe people are using the words "sluggish" or "lazy" to describe him. He covers the most ground of any player on the pitch. They don't understand how much fitness this takes. He is always making himself available for the pass. The opposition knows this, and often the striker tries to man mark him, but he still moves to get free.
called him lots of nasty names myself over the summer,thought until they scored was as shite and lazy as the rest of the team,after the goal thought he was the one who tried to get something out of the game more than any other blue

halfgoathalfotter said:
jpargo said:
citymad said:

called him lots of nasty names myself over the summer,thought until they scored was as shite and lazy as the rest of the team,after the goal thought he was the one who tried to get something out of the game more than any other blue

Good analysis ..One or two others way off it now that long contract is in their back pocket...

All about opinions but I thought he gave the ball away to much......was nothing in defence ( I seriously don't know how he is labeled as a defensive midfielder) but thought silva gave it away more.
Very poor performance all round.

He had a better game than Silva, Nasri, Fernandinho etc thats sure...

Unlucky with the woodwork. And also with the pen not given.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.