Yaya Toure

wasn't bad wasn't great but as always city fans need a fall guy and at the minute its him and Joe Hart

No mention of Kompany backing off for the goal ?

Wondered how long it would take for Yaya to become the scapegoat.

His antics in the summer have unfortunately removed the slack he should get after a poor,by his standards ,game.

A collectively bad performance today.

He got a lot of slack from us over the years because of how good we know he can be at his best.

He's lost that grace now, for me. When he's shit, I'll call him shit from now on.

Today he was bossed by N'Zonze at times. He was outworked all game by him. He was on his arse too much, moaning at the officials too much, jogging too much, taking too many touches of the ball slowing the whole play down too much...

Needs to be better...and will be...but shite today.

noely said:
wasn't bad wasn't great but as always city fans need a fall guy and at the minute its him and Joe Hart

No mention of Kompany backing off for the goal ?

Kompany who was still in the opposition box?

He was awful today, he gets slack for his ability to change the game with moments of magic, and rightly so, but when he's as poor as that he should be called out for it without people clamouring to defend him for what he's capable of.

city 'til i cry said:
Wondered how long it would take for Yaya to become the scapegoat.

His antics in the summer have unfortunately removed the slack he should get after a poor,by his standards ,game.

A collectively bad performance today.

scapegoat? no way, not the scapegoat, he was one of our better players, but this is a Ya Ya thread so the apparent or perceived shortcomings to his particular performance come on the Ya Ya thread, while the bad performance of another player goes on their thread.

don't try to make criticism of Ya Ya into something like a witch hunt, it's not, just discussing his game today.

shemnel said:
Didn't want to start a new thread on Ya Ya so i thought i'd resurrect this one from last season...

I think he's had a rough start to the season, he looks a bit sluggish. whilst keeping possession well enough, none of it has been particularly dangerous possession. If there are any fitness worries, that would be disappointing, given the stage of the season.

Anyway, i think Ya Ya go selfish today. When losing at home to Stoke around the 60 min mark, you need your big boys to stand up and say 'f**k this, we're not losing this one'. Ya Ya is not the only one to blame, but there was no urgency or tempo. And from 80 mins, he tried roughly 5 ridiculously difficult eye-of-the-needle passes, none of which came off, when i think he should have been concentrating on getting attacks moving and playing in simple balls.

he, and plenty others, need to realise the season has started. poor tempo!

And when they do come off, we all have multiple orgasms. Eye-of-the-needle passes are a City trademark and a Yaya/Merlin/Nasri trademark in particular.

I see no reason to single Yaya out. None of the creative stuff worked today.

As usual he made a lot of passes and also got into some good situations and was a bit unlucky with a couple. But he picked passes at wrong times, does not look fit to me and didn't dominate as we needed.
However he was not the only one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.