Yaya's Goal - Was It Really "Out Of Nowhere"?

The pass from zabba wasn't that good as yaya had to back peddle slightly.so the execution and finish is even more impressive.

At the time I wasn't sure if he meant it, having seen the replays it's obvious intentional. Incredible goal that hasn't had the credit it deserves. Nasri's is pretty amazing too. 4 really good goals at Wembley

And to think yaya gets grief on here for not sprinting back every time a move looks like its breaking down! :)

P.s. That was definitely deliberate, watch his goal against plzen.

mac said:
The pass from zabba wasn't that good as yaya had to back peddle slightly.so the execution and finish is even more impressive.

I disagree, the fact that the pass was slightly behind yaya gave him the perfect angle to wrap his whole foot around the ball in a similar way to how he takes free kicks.

It's a plausible analysis. By the way Yaya plays it wide and then puts his hand up immediately to get it back it looks as though he knows exactly what he's going to do. I notice that a lot of his goals are not necessarily hit particularly hard but he manages to put a wicked bend on them so that they are just out of the reach of the keeper and tucked just inside the post (see the second goal away at Newcastle in 2011-12, an absolute beauty).

Just watched the Newcastle match again. It was the first goal against Newcastle, not the second. Funny how memory plays tricks like that.

jaigurugoat said:
mac said:

I disagree, the fact that the pass was slightly behind yaya gave him the perfect angle to wrap his whole foot around the ball in a similar way to how he takes free kicks.
No player would say pass it to me and put it 2 yards behind.the shot was a typical yaya execution but the pass wasn't right.thats what IMO makes it even more fantastic.

mansour's tow ropes said:
The first thing that makes me disagree with your theory is the fact that when the team 'cycle it around' as you say, when Samir clips the ball into the box, does he know its going to come straight back out, or was Edin's backwards header deliberate? If he was looking to keep possession and set Yaya up this was quite a risky pass to play.

However, something that supports your theory is the way in which Silva and Dzeko BOTH move to follow up the shot at EXACTLY the same time, just as Yaya connects with it. I don't know if this was just a coincidence that they both had such good reactions and were just instinctively both on the shoulder of the defence when the pass was played to Yaya, or whether it was deliberate.

Also, Yaya hardly has to shout (by the look of it) or signal to Zab that he wants the ball, as if he justs expects it.

Ps does anyone think its hilarious that Larsson is complaining of a high boot in the build up to the goal? fucking karma you snide twat!
BYt4aBvCUAAjqXE.jpg
fucking hate this little prick

mansour's tow ropes said:
The first thing that makes me disagree with your theory is the fact that when the team 'cycle it around' as you say, when Samir clips the ball into the box, does he know its going to come straight back out, or was Edin's backwards header deliberate? If he was looking to keep possession and set Yaya up this was quite a risky pass to play.

However, something that supports your theory is the way in which Silva and Dzeko BOTH move to follow up the shot at EXACTLY the same time, just as Yaya connects with it. I don't know if this was just a coincidence that they both had such good reactions and were just instinctively both on the shoulder of the defence when the pass was played to Yaya, or whether it was deliberate.

Also, Yaya hardly has to shout (by the look of it) or signal to Zab that he wants the ball, as if he justs expects it.

Ps does anyone think its hilarious that Larsson is complaining of a high boot in the build up to the goal? fucking karma you snide twat!
BYt4aBvCUAAjqXE.jpg

Have to agree with you I think it's unlikely the whole thing was planned however once the ball was recycled I think Silva and Edin's runs were definitely deliberate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.