Your favourite county in England and Wales?

I can't believe this is even a debate. Cumbria by a country mile. One of the most beautiful places in Europe, never mind Britain.

Herefordshire, its far away from the maddening crowd, home of some excellent real ales, and its only two and a half hours away from Manchester by train, to allow us City fans to see our team.

Extending the question to Scotland also, I would say Argyle and Bute, which includes the Isle of Mull. We holiday there every year, and would happily move there one day.
The Scottish countryside is either full of midges or pissing down and full of midges.

Another shout out for Gwynedd. We have a caravan in Morfa Nefyn on the Llyn Peninsula. I went to Cornwall for years. I get the same landscape and beaches with a two hr drive instead of 5/6 hrs. Plus Snowdonia. Never had a problem with the Welsh either, granted they're all scum or red dippers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.