Your ideal central-midfield signing for next summer ?

It doesn’t seem to be in the game so much at all these days. Remember when there was Keown, Adams, Keane, Vieira, Wise, Vinny Jones, no-one seems to act like that on the pitch anymore, maybe because there are so many cameras they’d spend half the season banned!
It was good to see a good few old fashion tough old school players in the WC, the game for me has gone far too soft in recent years.

Don’t want to pee on anyone’s parade but just remember player in = player out as we have a full squad.

Maybe Phillips out for new midfielder, if Gundog and Bernardo stay. Or maybe we lose two CB’s…. Laporte, Ake ? for one Left CB replacement, and freeing up opportunity to bring in a midfielder.

TBH we would be top heavy in midfield if was the latter and no midfielders left. So I think it will be one midfielder in and one out.

We have two players in the 8 the wrong side of 30 with recurring injury issues (no matter how good they may be, one being the best in the league) and the other has wanted to leave two summers on the trot.

Now kdb is still world class, I love gundo and he's capable of running a game, and Barca seemingly have given up on Bernardo... But we are playing with fire. We have left it late if pep isn't going to commit to foden or grealish playing there as we now have a situation where we need to replace 2-3 creative central midfielders in the next couple of years.

Bellingham would be great but that's a big outlay on one player when I think we need two. I don't really have any suggestions as those three playing as they are prevent us from signing anyone.

Hindsight I'd have had ward prowse over Phillips as it gives us more formation options. This summer I'd obviously take Bellingham but we need someone else in too.

Foden & Grealish can fill the CM position

In addittion to what we already have ( KDB, Ilkay & Bernardo )

I think we lack fast skillful wingers more than we lack another CM.

Bellingham. Would love us to keep a close eye on Pavia as well, but next summer is too early imo.

Would you take Matheus Nunes if Wolves were to get relegated we could get him on the cheap.

Absolutely not.

Never taken to Rodri one bit mate.

Think he’s far too nice, allows us to get bullied in certain games and lacks leadership.

De Paul is a winner and he runs through brick walls for it.
For me, Rodri was our best player last season. In the City documentary looking back at last season, Bernardo Silva calls Rodri ‘the most important player at City’.

I was underwhelmed with him in his first season, he wasn’t fit enough or strong enough. But he’s properly sorted both of those things out and he’s even added a yard of pace. I think he’s the best at his job anywhere and wouldn’t swap him for anyone.

De Paul is an average player who worked really hard in the World Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.