Your signature dish.

pominoz said:
smudgedj said:
pominoz said:
I don't usually have a sweet tooth, but really like the lamb and jam combo.

It was just me as everyone else loved it. I'll be making it again using a different jam (one not so sweet; same flavor) It's cheap enough to experiment £3 for the lamb and 90p for the jam.

Fuck me that's cheap!

"Australia, built on the sheeps back", it's about $10 per kilo for a shoulder :(

Yeah; meat is cheap here. Tenderloin (cow) is only £3.30 a kilo.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:59 pm --<br /><br />
paphos-mcfc said:
smudgedj said:
pominoz said:
I don't usually have a sweet tooth, but really like the lamb and jam combo.

It was just me as everyone else loved it. I'll be making it again using a different jam (one not so sweet; same flavor) It's cheap enough to experiment £3 for the lamb and 90p for the jam.

Try apricot or plum Jam as the 2 (fruits that is) are cooked together in Indian dishes.

Ok apricot next time.

Sorry to butt in, but I am possibly the worst cook in the world, so could one of you experts give me some advice please.

How do stop spinach being so watery once it's cooked?

smudgedj said:
pominoz said:
smudgedj said:

Fuck me that's cheap!

"Australia, built on the sheeps back", it's about $10 per kilo for a shoulder :(

Yeah; meat is cheap here. Tenderloin (cow) is only £3.30 a kilo.

Friggin ell that is cheap, and here's me smiling because I get it at £13 a kilo.

Televators said:
Sorry to butt in, but I am possibly the worst cook in the world, so could one of you experts give me some advice please.

How do stop spinach being so watery once it's cooked?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ehow.com/how_8441077_squeeze-water-out-spinach.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ehow.com/how_8441077_squeeze ... inach.html</a>

pominoz said:
http://www.ehow.com/how_8441077_squeeze-water-out-spinach.html
Thank you so much. I had wondered about squeezing it, but you know, squeezing food just seemed so wrong...

smudgedj said:
Bluebee2 said:

Friggin ell that is cheap, and here's me smiling because I get it at £13 a kilo.

£13 is cheap; is that the UK?

Yes mate, just been and bought 3 full fillets.

My signature dish, according to the Mrs, has to be my Paella. Lucking my parents are always in Spain so it's easy for me to obtain the ingredients which are not easily or cheaply available over here such as decent chorizo and saffron.

I also make a mean won ton soup.

Made a casserole using shin beef the other week which was amazing. The only problem was it took 3 hours to cook.

Bluebee2 said:
smudgedj said:
Bluebee2 said:

£13 is cheap; is that the UK?

Yes mate, just been and bought 3 full fillets.

Excellent value for the UK I think.

Here's a picture of last weeks meat shop; the piece on the board is tenderloin came to just under £9.

2dmigw9.jpg

The ones I'm getting come in around 2kg so around the £25 mark for a full one, seen it in Costco earlier for £34 kg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.